Swiftcurrent Nature Trail

Swiftcurrent Nature Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near East Glacier Park, MT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until September.

Glacier Park Inc. P.O. Box 2025, Columbia Falls, Montana 59912 406-8922525

Very scenic and easy trail right along the lake. I highly recommend it for families with kids or people looking for an easy hike. I would also recommend stopping in at Many Glacier Hotel for snacks and drinks in the lounge, which is right along the way.

pretty decent hike. started from many glacier picnic area and hiked 1.7 miles to many glacier hotel. (would have been 2.5 miles all the way back to the start point). what I liked about this hike was that you got too see some pretty cool things for an easy short hike. the lake is beautiful at almost any time of day, and the forest around it is thick and green. the rivers feeding the lake are also offer some cool views that were my personal favorite. As far as wildlife goes I didn't see any, I heard a bull moose but he never showed himself. With a steady elevation and short distance this is a good hike to start your day with, end your day with, or even start with as u connect to trails to jesphine lake and the grinell lakes

Since the park was mostly closed to us (it was late June & our motorhome is 2 ft. too long to go almost anywhere) we ended up hiking here. I was disappointed at first, since I really wanted to do the Grinnell Glacier Trail (closed...too early in the season). But only 15 minutes in we spotted a young bull moose in the lake by the shore. He rushed us a bit as he came out of the lake...it was amazing! Then we continued and saw some Pica's. Up on the ridge beyond the lodge we spotted a Big Horn Sheep. It started to drizzle a bit and as we headed back to the camper via the loop we encountered a female moose eating in a marsh about 5 ft from the trail. Over all it made up for all of the other disappointments.

Just hike half of the trail on the west side to the boat dock. Beautiful area