Stone Creek Trail

Stone Creek Trail is a 4.7 mile out and back trail located near Bozeman, MT that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

There are some beautiful views on this hike, although the trail is a gravel road with private property on both sides. I saw some wildlife on this hike though, and the BMA at the end would be really neat to explore.

This hike is basically two miles on a dirt road through private property. It was cool to see the remnants of some old log cabins, but I really just found myself jealous of the people who live back there now. The scenery was pretty, although I probably won't be back as there are quite a few better hikes in the area.

The scenery was great, I however didn't like that there were several huge homes along the way, it didn't feel as though I was really "out" on a hike but more like a walk through a wealthy mountain neighborhood. It was an easy hike, the road is a well maintained dirt road. Most of it was out in the open, so it was rather hot. The creek was below us down a very steep hill and there were no trespassing signs all along the way warning not to get off the road so I had a time finding a spot where the dogs could get a cool drink. This is one I probably won't do again, maybe, but on my mountain bike not a hike.

If you follow the old road this is an easy walk, nice for family. lot of people use it for skiing in the winter. Nice meadows, old farmhouses and log cabin.