Siyeh Pass Trail

Siyeh Pass Trail is a 19.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near East Glacier Park, MT that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and backpacking and is accessible from March until October.

Awesome hike, one of my favorites. Don't go out and back. Hike to the sunrift gorge trailhead and take shuttle back to your car

Awesome hike! Beautiful views from both sides of the pass. Does involve some elevation gain and a fair share of descent but the change in terrain keeps it exciting.

One of the best hikes in the park !!

Not for the faint of heart. Incredible, incredible hike. One of the best of the best. GO prepared: WATER, FOOD! And take breaks! Took us about 15 hours to complete. Mazing view of Cracker Lake at the summit of Siyeh - breathtaking!

My family's most favorite hike in GNP! This is near the Continental Divide along the Going To The Sun Road. Majestic views of pristine lakes, valley lookout, beautiful plants and wildflowers and it's so peaceful. We would hike one way and hitchhike back to our car. In five years of doing so we never had any problems and met incredible people. One time we even met Jack Hanna (Into The Wild; Animal Adventures)!

Going up the pass is a bit tedious, but the scenery is worth the hard work. Be mindful of bears towards Sunrift Gorge.

If you visit Glacier National Park, DO THIS TRAIL. We hiked this one on our first full day there, and it was an amazing start to the trip. The trek up to the top of the pass has views of dozens of peaks, including glacier-formed lakes, and to the east you can see the Great Plains. Huge, long waterfalls (or maybe you can call them really steep streams) formed by melting snow lead to ice-cold streams that you can rest near (and dip your feet into if you can stand the cold) are all over the place. I don't know how many times my friend and I just stopped, awed, and just said, "WOW!" from some new view. Unfortunately we didn't see much wildlife other than the Colombian Ground Squirrels which were everywhere and a few birds.
It's a long trail and by the end of it, we were glad to be done, as we had explored some side trails (at the top of the pass, there's an unnamed mountain peak that was temptingly close so almost climbed it--I chickened out at the very end because you have to jump upward across a 1000 foot drop to stand on the ACTUAL peak but we touched it, so close enough). I think overall we probably did 12-14 miles or so between the marked trail and exploring. If you do explore, just make sure to walk on the rocks and avoid stepping on plant life.