Sam Braxton National Recreation Trail

Sam Braxton National Recreation Trail is a 2.9 mile loop trail located near Missoula, MT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Amazing hike and easy on the legs! Did it in the winter. Good for dogs as well!

Beautiful hike, pretty easy to do.

Great hike, a little steep and gravelly at one point but well worth it given the long flat ridge trail with one great view after another. Be sure to stay to the left at the beginning, we didn't but found our way to the correct trail following the map.

Great hike and kids will like it too. Super close to town so it's just a quick one

It was so fun. This was my first hike since I was a kid, so I don't have much to compare too, but it was very enjoyable. I found it challenging at a couple points, but I am a beginner.

Had a great hike, wildflowers were in bloom, and encountered many others hiking that seemed to be enjoying such a beautiful hike in the pattee canyon area.

A nice, quiet, easy trail. Along the way, you will pass by the remains of an early Montana homestead. A great trail if you want to have a small mountain hike but don't have a lot of time. Close to town and dogs are okay off the leash, under voice control.