Phipps Park Trail

Phipps Park Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Billings, MT that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It's a good short trail. Pretty views and so close to town. I wish there wasn't so much development in the valley.

Tons of fun! The first part is the most difficult (especially while wearing a 20lb baby) but it's not too bad. My 4 year old enjoyed it and didn't even complain.

Nice place to explore for a few hours

Pleasantly surprised! Took about an hour from start to finish. Not sure of "kid" friendly around the top then back down the way we came so becare full what trail you take when you get to the top. No snakes found on our outing. Do take water you'll want some. Had fun will do it again (I have uploaded some photos)

This is a great local (if you live in Billings) hike. The first part has a pretty steep incline but flattens out after a bit. The views are awesome. We needed to turn off the TV and get out of the house and this hike was perfect. My five year old had no issues and my seven year old asked if we could hike it every day. Hopefully it reopens soon.

It is still closed

5/20/2016.
Went Mountain biking and it was closed til further notice. :(

Great walk with kids. Challenging enough but not too much. My 4 and 5 year old walked 3 miles and enjoyed it. The initial uphill climb is a steep one but it was a great "training hike" firmly littles!

geocaching

It was a great hike. Very steep incline about .5 miles from the trailhead. It's a nice little hike though and phenomenal views!!

Great trail. Looks out in every direction over Billings. Difficult incline right off the bat but then flattens out pretty good. It's lengthy, so can spend a good amount of time up there enjoying the views. Relaxing and peaceful.

really enjoy this hike because it is so easily accessible, wishing there were more intensity to it, only one good initial climb then pretty flattened out

Fun mountain bike area with folfing options.

Quick trip from Billings. Well worth it. Take the first mile slow it's a straight up hill hike. Also this trail shares with a folf (frisbee golf) course.
Great hike with dogs but beware of snakes.

What a beautiful area for a hike! That first hill is a killer but the gorgeous views make up for it.

That first climb is steep but over all good trail.

I would REALLY like to see the individual that could conquer that initial hill. The only satisfaction I had was the realization that I would get to bomb down that hill at certain bone breaking speed. I actually did not mind the course, it presents the opportunity to challenging your speed and drifting ability since most of the track is covered in loos soil. Need a quick and fast ride, this is your trail.

First part I made it half way up, after walking to the top the singletrack wasn't bad. After halfway it turned to simple singletrack but the downhill at the end was a blast!