Pebble Creek Trail via Northeast Trailhead

Pebble Creek Trail via Northeast Trailhead is a 23.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Silver Gate, MT that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October.

fly fishing

whitewater kayaking

We did Warm Creek to Pebble Creek Camp ground 9/9/16. We had a group of 7. The scenery was excellent. We did not see any animals, but we were clapping and making noise for bear safety. The creek crossings were easy. There was always a way to cross so you could avoid wet feet if you are agile. One person in our group did not feel like doing a 12 mile hike so he drove around checking out the park and picked us up at the Pebble Creek campground. The hike took 6 hours. We stopped for about a 15 min lunch and several time to take pictures. The trail was not crowded like other parts of the park we only saw 4 other people on the 12 mile trail. If you cant do the shuttle thing I would park at Warm Creek and hike up to that first meadow and then hike through the meadow to the first creek crossing this was the best scenery. The trail is very clearly marked and maintained we never had confusion about where to go. I highly recommend this hike.

This trail was wonderful and beautiful day hike. We planned 2 cars for a one way hike, starting at the trail head at the Warm Creek Picnic area close to the northeast park entrance and picking up at the pebble creek campground. The first mile or so is very steep uphill and the remainder is an easy downhill or meadow path. Good hiking boots with waterproofing worked wonders on the many creek crossings. Bear spray and being aware of your surroundings is a must, at the time I went on this trail they recommended at least 3 people and preferred groups of 5 for safety. If you are like me and tend to stop and take a lot of pictures make sure to bring lots of water and snacks to keep you going till the end!

Dont forget to pack your water shoes! There are stream crossings along the Pebble Creek Trail. The most scenic part is the upper meadows and after a good ascent, the closest access to this area is from the Warm Creek trailhead. However, where should your turn around point be? Provided that you have a vehicle parked at the other trailhead, the entire length is enjoyable. Additionally, most of the hikes I've done in Yellowstone were with only one other person. On the day I hiked Pebble Creek, I had the benefit of feeling quite safe in a group with several companions especially when a section of the trail cut though a dense stand of willows. In areas of low visibility, announce your presence to any bears that may be near by making some extra noise.