Mystic Lake Trail

Mystic Lake Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roscoe, MT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Only 2.7 miles to get to the lake, 5.7 is to walk all the way around it. Quick hike, nice vertical and great views! You end up at about 7700 ft ASL with a great view Granite Peak!

Great little day hike took the dogs along they made it just fine

It was absolutely beautiful and a great day hike. There is a section that is on unstable rocks so I would not recommend for anyone with slight disability or injury. Narrow paths and high traffic.

I've been to this lake early on in the season when the water is super low and when full and both views are amazing. My entire family loves this hike and it makes for a great day hike or an overnight stay. I've taken both my ten and six year old up without issues.

It was an awesome hike! My wife and I with our first born tried this before back in 1987 but never made it to the lake due to the weather changing up on top so we hike back down. Three kids and four grandsons later...finally made it.

The hike gets hard as one hits the switchbacks if not in shape. Take rest breaks as needed, and don't rush. The lake is very much worth it. I hiked farther in for camping and fishing and would definitely do it again.

Great hike and perfect for kids!

We hiked this trail June 2016 and it was wonderful. We had 4 children (7, 10, 11, and 12). We all loved it! We took a picnic to enjoy by the lake. The trail was very manageable and the views were outstanding. It was our favorite hike from our trip.

This was a beautiful day hike, with the reward of breathtaking views at the end! I wasn't prepared for the intensity of the last 1/2 of the trail though. Once you hit the rocks/switchbacks it's tough going for a middle aged woman who isn't in tip-top shape. A day later my calves are screaming at me! If I do this one again, I'll probably only go as far as the bridge.....unless I get myself in much better shape!

Fun hike, beautiful scenery!

Loved every bit of this trail and looking forward to coming back before summer is over

Wonderful easy hike with a ton of beautiful streams, mountains, and lakes. Saw a lot of hikers that had all ranges of ages from children to people in their 50's+. Great for a day hike or overnight camping. Lakes have good fishing that I recommend to try out. Would do again!

Excellent hike!

It was really fun

Hiked the first week of March. One of the most beautiful hikes I've been on. Be wary of incoming snowstorms at the top. We made it to the Lake but were forced to descend as a blizzard was coming in. Was still sunny and gorgeous once we returned to the trailhead!

Breathtaking. Absolutely beautiful. We went up in mid-November, so there was snow and ice along the way, but well worth it.