Mystic Lake Trail

Mystic Lake Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roscoe, Montana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

great hike. beautiful views. fishing was terrible. only caught one in the two days we were there.

Definitely a great hike moderate to difficult in spots. Walking sticks help. Beautiful. More traffic than I expected.

a great day hike. but the fishing hit or mizs

One of my absolute favorite hikes. The views are breathtakingly beautiful.

Amazing little hike! The view is in my top 5 of all time. Depending on the day you go- you can get the whole trail to yourself. Would recommend to anyone!!

Great. Moderate to difficult in spots. Beautiful. More traffic than I expected

This is a beautiful hike, especially if you like walking on jagged rock! The first part is very serene and reasonably easy, but watch out for the second half, especially if you're 70 and have 2 artificial knees. Yikes! I'm still recovering 2 days later :-).

Only 2.7 miles to get to the lake, 5.7 is to walk all the way around it. Quick hike, nice vertical and great views! You end up at about 7700 ft ASL with a great view Granite Peak!

Great little day hike took the dogs along they made it just fine

It was absolutely beautiful and a great day hike. There is a section that is on unstable rocks so I would not recommend for anyone with slight disability or injury. Narrow paths and high traffic.

I've been to this lake early on in the season when the water is super low and when full and both views are amazing. My entire family loves this hike and it makes for a great day hike or an overnight stay. I've taken both my ten and six year old up without issues.