Mount Helena National Recreation Trail

Mount Helena National Recreation Trail is a 8.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Helena, MT. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

8.3 miles 1084 feet Point to Point

mt helena ridge trail is a 8.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Helena, Montana. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Mount Helena is always a good choice.

Great hike for introducing out of town family and friends to the beauty that is Helena! And as an intro to the beast that is altitude (in comparison to Cincinnati)

Easy-moderate hike depending on the route. Nice view on top (especially in the morning).

Easy day hike within Helena. Took the 1906 trail to the top, where there is a rocky outcropping that affords a nice view of Helena and surrounding valley. Hike was easy and incline was gradual, so you never really felt like you were going steeply uphill. Glad I did it, but would probably not go back. I prefer solitude when hiking and the trail was very crowded, with us running into atleast 20 other hikers going up or down, and that was on a chilly September day.

Took 1906 up to summit then Hogstail and Prospectors Trail down. Nice 4.7 mile hike with 1100 elevation gain.

My Good Morning!! I Run Powerline!

Different trails for different levels. The power line trail is a little more challenging and really rewarding at the top. 1906 has a fun cave along the trail. They all have something special!

Was in Helena on business and enjoyed going up to Mt. Helena to stretch my legs after long hours at a desk. Didn't look at a trail map ahead of time so I went strait up the power line trail, which is pretty steep and rocky. It's a great work-out, but less frequently traveled then the other trails which made me a little nervous...I feel safer when hiking by myself when I see people more often. Beautiful hike overall, trails are nicely maintained.