Lower Lake Fork Trail

Lower Lake Fork Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Red Lodge, MT that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from May until October.

Me and my wife took our daughter there and it was beautiful nice easy hike a lot of fun will definitely be doing it again

Great trail on a nice warm fall day! Even got to see moose and her calf.

Beautiful fall day hike!!

Nice Saturday hike. Lots of people. Beautiful white water streams. Did 8.5 mile hike (out and back).

Lost Lake is one of my personal favorite places in Montana. This hike is easy but is a 10 mile round trip. Very little elevation change and not that challenging. Beware of wildlife as I had a angry cow moose chase me once and stories of hungry black bears going through parking lot cars.

So fun, saw a bear and a moose! The trail was easy to follow, some blind sports around corners. Just be aware of your surroundings and what they post on the bulletin boards.

Beautiful morning hike! The water was beautiful, and finding the waterfalls on the mountains was a fantastic surprise and became a great scavenger hunt. Broadwater lake was 3.5 in and 3.5 back out.

Broadwater is a great hike with kids. My favorite spot is further up at Kaiser Brown. If you time it right the wild flowers are amazing. By far one of my favorite trails!

Easy day hike. Beautiful trail of you want to go to the mountains for a couple hours. Following the creek the whole way. I've seen a moose and a coyote on this trail on separate occasions.

Hiked to Broadwater 3/6/16 and then the trail disappeared under the snow. The weather was beautiful so we only needed shirt and jeans. On the way back, near the trailhead along the creek, was saw bear track. Be sure to keep your bear spray ready if your in the area! This has to be one of my favorite hikes.

Nice and easy trail that follows the Lake Fork of Rock Creek. Not sure where the 2.9 miles comes from as it is about 5 miles from the trailhead to Lost Lake. Family friendly, it climbs about 1300 feet in those five miles. The road to the trailhead is closed in the winter, but you can either walk up the road or follow the trail from just off Route 212 at the Lion's Club Camp.

We did this last Saturday (Feb. 27) and much of the trail was covered in snow, but easy to follow. It snowed off and on most of the down, at times pretty heavy, so come prepared if you plan a winter hike. A nice fix for cabin fever; definitely worth the effort.

The trail was awesome. On a scale of 1-10 we'd give it an 8. I think the draw back was that the trail was also used for horses and there's a lot of evidence of that along the entire trail. You walk along the river/creek most of the way so you get to hear the water a lot. You wind around a mountain and as you go, the views of other mountains are astonishing. There isn't much privacy because the trail is fairly busy. The trail-head said that it's 5 miles to the lake and we didn't make it that far. We made it to the bend in the river that is a little wider, that's considered Broadwater Lake. The trip took us around 4.5 hours round trip, and we stopped to enjoy the view many times along the way.

really, really easy hike. Perfect if you want to take kids and pets out, follows the river.

This is a great hike! We intended to head all the way to Lost Lake, but got a little sidetracked by the amazing waterfall. My boys wanted to hike there instead. We headed up to the waterfall and got quite close. We hit a spot that was too hard for the dog to get her footing so my husband & I stayed back with her as the boys continued to climb. They got behind the waterfall and eventually to the top. The view was gorgeous and it was overall a great experience for us all. No wildlife seen by our group (which was a bit of a relief on my part after hearing bears are sometimes seen here

Probably my all time favorite hike..been doing it for 20 years! as said before a quick 3.5 miles to Broadwater lake (really just a slow spot in the river) nice place to camp if your with kids..about a mile up further the trail splits to lost lake if you want. If you stay on the main trail you will come to another split which can take you into black canyon lake (a bit of rock jumping is required to make it there) the best part is a bit further up after you cross a neat bridge you get your first view of Thunder head mountain (I believe that's the name)..very cool! about another mile up the trail splits again for a challenging hike towards September mourn lake..if you stay on the main trail though you will reach kaiser brown lake about another 1.5 or so...this place is AWESOME! beautiful camping, fishing and the views are amazing..further up are some broken trails leading to the first and second rock lakes (these fish pretty well but are tough to get to due to the rock jumping and no real distinguishable trail..not really anywhere I've found to camp at either) ENJOY!!

This hike has a lot to offer. One can hike to the first jewel, the Broadwater Lake .This is not what I would term a proper lake, but beautiful nonetheless. The hike is wonderfully woven along Rock River , in and out of the trees, and a few waterfalls. There are moose and bear in the area. The trail continues on past Broadwater Lake with the next designation being Lost Lake(another mile + up the trail) Another gorgeous spot! A few people were fishing.The trail is said to be a favorite. However, not very many people were on it yesterday. This is a dog friendly hike. Water crossed the trail a few time, the river was moving fast and it did snow lightly for a short bit. Another great day hiking!

After talking with some ladies on the trail, the mileage listed here is inaccurate (or it joins up with another trail) and can go about 22 miles. We only went 3.5 miles in (7 mi RT) to Broadwater Lake. The trail is gorgeous and leads you mostly along Rock Creek, with a few stretches that go into the forest. We saw ~30 people along the trail during the ~3 hour hike. Would definitely go again! I brought my dog and saw several people with fishing poles. (Ps, at the start of the trail, it seems to split and go left and right - you want to go to the right. There is no signage telling you though!)