History Rock Trail

History Rock Trail is a 2.8 mile out and back trail located near Bozeman, MT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

Great easy trail for little kids or beginners. go in early summer to see beautiful wildflowers! the rock is pretty cool and you're able to climb around and explore. my kids like the sand at the base. we were the only ones on the trail the last time we went, which I really like.

Kinda neat I guess, lots of names on the rock, but couldn't find any of the Indian carvings. Better for quick backcountry skiing runs if you go past the rock to the meadows.

Nothing special about this trail considering everything else Hyalite has to offer. A similar and more rewarding trail in the area would be Grotto Falls. I thought the rock was going to be bigger based on the picture in my book. The trail goes on a ways beyond it but after a mile and a half I turned around. Decent scenery and worth it for the exercise.