Highline Trail

Highline Trail is a 38.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near West Glacier, MT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

The High-Line trail runs from the Logan Pass Visitors Center to The Loop Trail Head along the Garden Wall. The first 7.6 miles of the trail in easy with gradual elevation climb. After Granite Park Chalet the trail drops 2,200 feet in 4 miles to the Loop Trail Head. Expect heavy traffic and be early if you plan to park at the visitors center. The trail in very narrow in some places with steep drop offs. There are three other trails that joint the Highland at Granite Park Chalet allowing of alternative hiking options.

Went from Logan Pass and then down the loop and took the shuttle back up. The views were incredible. Definitely as busy trail--glad we got out early (6:45a) to avoid most the crowds which we started seeing around noon up at the granite park chalet. My favorite part was the Garden Wall Trail up to the Grinnell Overlook...with the strenuous .6 miles!!!

Hiked from Logan Pass to the Chalet then down to the loop for pick up on the shuttle. It's beautiful this time of year with many flowers along the way. It was a warm day but the sun was shining:)

We took it from Logan Pass to the Loop about 12 miles. Great trail going to the chalet, the hike down to the loop was not as interesting but was 4 miles as opposed to going back the same way. At the loop you can take the shuttle back up to logan pass.

Hiked from Logan pass to loop parking lot. Wonderful views. Epic. Way too crowded and narrow. Also took the Spur to see the grim elk glacier. Amazing view but trail was straight up for .6. About all i could take. Final 4 miles from glacier chalet was very hot and dull.

Start early from the top of Logan Pass. Beautiful scenery, but be prepared for fog, wind, or bad weather up top. Eight miles to Granite Park Chalet, which is a hiker's spot. My favorite mountain, Heaven's Peak is directly across from the Chalet. From here you can hike down 4 miles to The Loop. This section is pretty steep and tough on your feet and legs. I've done that, or you can hike over Swiftcurrent Pass and down to Many Glacier Lodge. We usually break up the hike into 2 days and stay the night at the Chalet. If you can, plan on being there on a full moon. Phenomenal views as the moon comes up at Logan Pass.

Amazing!! Must do again!!

One of my favorite hikes in Glacier. I have done it several times, including on my honeymoon. The hike from Granite Park up to the Grinnell Glacier overlook is very worth it as well! I like to hike it from Logan to the Bend ,and can be done in a long day. Haystack Butte is a great lunch spot as well.

One of the best trails in the US. Hiked to Granite Chalet, down to the loop. Don't miss it.

Did it last year and it is definitely one of the most beautiful hikes I have been privileged to do. Hiked four days in a row at Glacier and hope to return someday. If it is not on your bucket list this must be added.

BEAUTIFUL views.

One of the best hikes I've done. Great views the entire hike. I highly recommend adding in the steep 1.5 mile hike to see Grinnell Glacier from up on high. Brings the total to 15 miles or so but worth it. I'd do this again in a heartbeat. Make sure to start near the visitor center for the best experience.

When we did this hike, the weather was unbelievable. Windy, rainy, thunder, lightning, sun, even hail. We weren't prepared to do the entire hike though we really want to go back and do it to completion. It was an amazing experience for the 6 or 7 miles we were able to do.

I'd consider this to be more difficult than its "easy" rating on AllTrails even if just for the distance alone. This was my first real hike which may explain the difficulty in some parts. We started at Logan's pass and hiked down to The Loop, which took us 5:51 total for the 11.8 mi trip. I'm from Florida and not used to these altitudes so I had a difficult time on the switchbacks leading up to Haystack Butte, though they were short. We saw several mountain goats on this section of the trail. The last 4 mi down from the Chalet were brutal. There were a ton of trees down which meant a lot of climbing over and under just to continue on the trail, which nearing killed my knees and shins. Even with overcast conditions & temps in the low 50s, the trail was beautiful. I was nervous reading the warnings directed to those afraid of heights, but I didn't have any issues. Completely worth the few difficulties mentioned. If you are also a novice, I would recommend getting some type of pedometer so you can pace yourself. There are few signs along the trail showing you how far out you are so we rushed as not to lose daylight since we had no idea how many miles until The Loop. (We were unprepared and had no map)

gorgeous views. You can start either at the loop and climb or start at the pass and descend.

One of my favorite trail. amazing!!!