Heart and Pearl Lakes Trail

Heart and Pearl Lakes Trail is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Superior, MT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beautiful hike on a fall day!!#

Absolutely beautiful- popular trail but not crowded

love this area of Lo lo! Another route to take is the Stateline trail, from hoo doo pass. Take lots of water for there is none on the ridge route. Dalton lake is a great place too; a few miles father in. Lots of mountain goats, and the huckleberry are awesome this year!

Super easy, well maintained trail with quite the payoff at the end. Many great campsites around Heart Lake, and excellent views of the surrounding area. The fishing in the lake is great, and we saw 4 mountain goats on the first day. If you feel like putting in an easy day, this is a good hike for you.

Beautiful trail, went all the way to Dalton Lake. The trail is a good balance of steep climbs and rolling meadows. Don't forget the sunscreen!

This trail is awesome, scenery and lake are beautiful, but it is crowded on the weekends. And DO NOT FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS THIS APP GIVES YOU. Best way to the lake is to go to superior then go up trout creek road. Not that back way that this app will send you.

Backpacked in on an early June weekend and was very impressed. 3 miles to the lake. Incredible opening season backpack trip or for a first timer. Although there are campsites right when you get to the lake (trail goes right through them) it is in your best interest to continue along the left side to the back corner of the lake. Plenty of sites with much more seclusion. NOTE: campfire wood is harder to come by.

Short day hike up to Pearl and Diamond Lakes do not disappoint either. There are sites by both of them as well and much quieter.

This trail was my first multi-day backpacking trip, and I could not of picked a better hike for it. I hiked into Heart lake on Tuesday morning, and the 4 mile hike was really easy, though there are a few steep spots as you get closer to Heart Lake. The hike up actually took me quite awhile, but only because there were so many sights to enjoy, I kept stopping to take photos. When I got to Heart lake, I picked the first empty spot I came to, but I'd recommend heading around the left side of the lake to get one of the spots on the other side, as they are much more secluded and shaded. I based out of Heart Lake for the 3 days I was there, and day hiked to Hidden Lake, Stateline ridge, and Pearl Lake, and I'd recommend others do so as well, since there are pretty steep switchbacks that must be traversed to get to any of the above areas. Stateline ridge is a great place to hike if you want to find the mountain goats that frequent the area, and Heart and Pearl lake have a good population of trout for those who'd like to fish. Met 3 other groups of hikers, and a group on horseback and all were very friendly. All lin all, definitely a hike I'd recommend and one I intend to repeat several times.

Heart Lake was my first Hike In Camp; Camp Experience and it was Great!
It's approx. 4 miles in on a fairly easy trail. There is a rocky area about a half mile in that can be tricky if your not careful then at about 3.5 there is a very steep section that isn't so bad but when you almost there you just want to be done. We went July 4th weekend and still crossed several snow patches and had to cross a couple of water run offs that were like creeks. So be prepared to get your feet wet.
The camp site was primitive but good... not much shade where we were camped and it was hot!
However, sharing our campsite with the Mountain Goats babies and all was totally Awesome! And the stars at nigh, oh my!
All around a great trip!

a nice hike following trout creek with a couple log type crossings over the creek. When you arrive at the lake you might be tempted to camp at the first spot, instead follow the trail down the east side of the lake and camp down further. Beautiful clear lake with interesting mountains / rock formations as a backdrop. Pics posted here thepetsweb.com/index.php/2010/08/23/heart-lake-lolo-national-forest-superior-mt/