Devils Glen

Devils Glen is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Augusta, MT that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until September.

great trail

Stop and take a peak at the water below to your left as much as possible, the views are great and you catch some amazing unexpected glimpses through the trees. Stop at the camp grounds and sit aloft a nice flat rock providing amazing views above and below. If you continue on, the terrain begins to vary- reminded me of something out of Lord of the Rings ! So surreal and beautiful. Of course going on October 1st made for some great leaf color changing action as well.

Today it was 90* outside and I had to work this morning so I didn't get on the trail until noon. The trail travels through private property and parallels a dirt road for most of the private section. This trail is well used! I decided to nickname it The Dearborn Highway. For some distance it is a narrow two track. There are a couple of areas that look like well used camping areas. When I arrived at Devils Glenn, I just wanted to jump in and go for a swim in the deep clear swirling pools. Being that I was hiking farther in I opted out.

A easy portal into the Scapegoat Wilderness. The trail is gentle and keeps you close to the Dearborn for the entire hike.

Beautiful hike and got a lot better as it got closer to the water. We found a nice little hole to jump in. Water was crystal clear and a bit cold, but the dogs sure loved it!

very beautiful such amazing views....the water was gorgeous but we couldn't figure out how to get down to water.

Good easy hike, long distance. Beautiful sights but not as pretty as Glacier Park. Some wildlife along the trail, remember to clap (griz country). A lot of streams block the trail so don't be afraid to get your feet wet.

Great hike, not terribly challenging. Beautiful views after the first two miles. Definitely griz country!

Beautiful scenery. This hike, without being difficult, takes you above the Dearborn River and all the way down to the waters edge at many points. It's incredible to see the crystal clear deep pools formed over hundreds of decades by the rushing water in spring.

This is one of my favorites hikes that I do every year. It is very easy and the scenery and geological sights are wonderful. In the summer there is a decent amount of foot traffic as well as horse traffic. The trail starts at the end of the dirt road, where there is a small parking area for hikers and trail riders.

This was an easy beautiful trail, we started on the Dearborn River Trail and went all the way into the Scapegoat. The water is so beautiful and the views were wonderful.

Wonderful hike. Not very difficult. I went on a cool day but generally it is hot during the summer.

One of the most beautiful trails I've ever had the privilege to hike. As well as having a beautiful view, the Deerborn River is an awesome fishing spot. The largest fish was a 26 in. cutthroat trout.

scenic driving

I couldn't find the trailhead. Made it all the way to what seemed like the end of the gravel road where there was a Bible Camp or something. At least it was a nice drive with some scenery

What a great easy hike. The first two miles are dull but then the scenery becomes beautiful. Bring a swimsuit and go rock jumping into the river once you make it to the glen.

We actually came out of the Scapegoat on Devil's Glen trail. It is perhaps one of the most scenic and beautiful trails to enter the Bob Marshall. When you enter, the first mile or so is on a trail parallel to a private road. You then cross an impressive walking bridge and enter into the Dearborn river basin. You see Steamboat Mountain right in front of you.
The trail turns southwest as you walk past waterfall after waterfall. The forest is moist and green with beautiful coverage from the lodgepole pines. Devil's glen is a water feature where the Dearborn river has carved a path thru an impressive canyon with breathtaking falls and cold water. It looks like a fantastic place for class 3 or 4 rapid with a kayak.
The trail is used by outfitters and we saw a camp set up not far past the west fork of the Dearborn. The people were so very friendly and gave us fresh oranges and lemonade. They were the only people we saw for 3 days and it was good to sit with them.