Crow Creek Falls

Crow Creek Falls is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, MT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October.

long trail moderate to hard. worth it at the end, straight up as you come up from the falls. Explore above the falls and up to the old mine and swim...

This is not an "easy" hike. I would rate as moderate, and is about 6.5 miles total according to our GPS. The first part of the hike is fairly easy as you go along the creek, then you go up a steep incline and hit a meadow at the top. Then for another mile and half you have a steady incline until you hit a great view point before you go down to the falls. This is the steepest part and you can lose your footing on the loose gravel trail. Climbing back out sucks. But the falls were great, would be a cool spot to camp out at.

I'm glad I didn't take my small dog that generally accompanies me on hikes, because I would have had to pack him out in the end.

Also, the road up (if you go through Radersburg) is not the greatest, take a truck or SUV with 4wd and good tires as the road is very rocky. We took the road that goes straight back to Townsend on our way back, even worse road. DEFINITELY need 4wd.

Give yourself a solid day to get there, and complete the hike, and head home before dark, if your not planning on camping out.

Wonderful hike, trail was in good condition. Fishing holes along the trail.

Wonderful Mothers Day Hike with my daughter and grand kids. I made it in and back out but it was grueling for a person who has not hiked much with a bad knee first of the season. Next time we go in and stay the night, then come out. Very steep

This was a great hike. The falls were awesome. The old mine shaft next to the falls was cool too. The trail was easily passable but the incline and decline made it a workout. I saw several other groups of hikers on the trail. It was a great afternoon hike.

This is an absolutely beautiful hike! I'm with everyone else when they say it's more of a moderate difficulty though. There's definitely some hills that are on the challenging side! I'll definitely be back to camp at the falls!

Beautiful hike! Definitely not an "easy" hike. Pack your suits and jump in the extremely refreshing base of the falls.
From Helena drive the extra miles and approach the trail head through Toston. Much nicer road!

The falls were well with the 8+ mile hike, however, I'd rate this hike as moderate, not easy for the first time hikers I had with me.

My 12 year old daughter and I did this hike as her first overnighter. Left from the trailhead around 3pm and passed several hikers coming back from the falls. Had the falls all to ourselves for the night!

I would also say this is more of a moderate hike than easy. There are some very steep sections as well as narrow portions. Overall just a gorgeous hike though!

Definitely should not be rated as "easy"! Took the family there for the first time, definitely a nice hike. Some sections very steep. Otherwise great views! Also, we got lost trying to go on Indian Creek Road to get there...much easy to go through Toston!

Hard. Steep

My husband and I had a blast hiking this trail! I would say it's probably more moderate difficulty, but it was fun, beautiful, and well worth it for the waterfall at the end! I highly recommend this trial!

Definitely worth the hike to see the falls. The hike is rated as "easy", but I'd say it's a bit closer to moderate/medium.

Definitely worth the hike to see the falls.

Not an easy hike for some not in shape

beautiful hike!
can't figure out how to get my pictures loaded. hit the wrong one.