Columbia Mountain Trail

Columbia Mountain Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kalispell, MT that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

5.3 miles 1907 feet Out & Back

Encountered Black Bear on hike about 3 miles up.

Great hike for 8 yrs and up. once you get to the water, head left and follow the trail up to the top. Great falls. Enjoy.

I love this trail. I hike it all the time. The water fall is beautiful and it's a fun adventure on the way up and down!! Great views as well and my dog has the best time!

We did Hike-a-Bike for the first 5ish miles uphill. The ride down was worth it. Some loose bigger rocks today. The human traffic wasn't too bad. The weather was perfect and the views were great.

Great hike, beautiful views at the top!! We hike this every summer.

Never made it to the top due to the snow covering the trail. Went alone and was afraid I'd get lost if I continued on. Went in spring. Would like to complete this hike in the summer. There were plenty of great lookouts with gorgeous views of the Flathead Valley.

On October 11th, 2013, I climbed the Columbia Mountain and descended on the trail to Hungry Horse. There were several fallen trees on the trail to Hungry Horse, and was not marked at the top of the mountain. I believe that semi-loop was 12.5 miles long on the trail, and at least another 2 miles to where I met my wife after following some power lines back to HWY 2.

A surprising difficult trail that is a great work out a spring starter. It is 6 miles to the top and when you complete the route you will have achieved 4, 700 vertical.

Great view of the valley. Never have made it the entire way to the lake on top,