Blodgett Canyon to Waterfall

Blodgett Canyon to Waterfall is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hamilton, MT that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

Beautiful scenery throughout the seasons.

My dog Patton loved it. Not to crowded. Great views at every turn.

Hiked to waterfall! Nice

amazing! way longer than we origonally that thought it was. it took us and our two girls and two dogs about four and a half hours with maybe a 20-minute break at the waterfall. I would go I guess but it's close to seven and a half or 8 Miles. where this app said that it was 4.9 miles total. well worth it it was beautiful

Great trail! Took our 13month old and nearly 3 year old - 3 year old made it most of the way himself! Parts are very rocky and some wet areas on the trail as well. Wonderful views of the canyon and such clear water!

Gorgeous. One of my favorite weekly hikes. WONDERFUL opportunities to see wildlife, be sure to bring binoculars!!
To owners who bring their dogs, I would recommend leashing them within the first two miles where the traffic volume is higher. It is recommended on the sign posted at the trailhead for safety reasons... I came face to face with a mountain lion on two separate occasions this summer and am very thankful I had my dog leashed. Also, not every dog that is off of the leash is friendly to other dogs (on leash). Had an incident today where five unleashed dogs cornered my dog which almost resulted in a dog fight... And somehow I was the one to blame? Dog owners beware that not every dog owner on this trail is friendly or using common sense.
Despite some grumpy, non-sense dog owners I will continue to hike this trail. I have made many friendly acquaintances and the photo opportunities are abundant and breathtaking. GO FOR IT!!!

Incredible beauty not to be missed! The hike is fairly simple with a 3.5 miles to the falls. The home takes you through many areas from lush forest to open valleys, and along clear, still ponds. The majesty of the valley is amazing the entire time. Definitely one of our favorite hikes in western Montana!

This trail is amazing. 3.2 miles from the trailhead to the bridge and a little over 3/4 of a mile to the waterfall. The last 3/4 of a mile can be long but it's worth it. This trail doesn't at first appear difficult but it is 8 miles round trip to the falls and this rocky Montana trail is unrelenting. I would say there is about .1 % of the active population that could run this trail. Pack water and a snack and be prepaired for a full 4 hours of spectacular views and difficult hiking!!!

Beautiful area, the water is clear and a gorgeous green! The Indian Paintbrush is in full bloom among other wildflowers. The trail is easy..I would recommend it for families. I ran it with my pack and had no trouble. I didn't give it a full 5 stars only because I was expecting more from the waterfall.

A new favorite hike! Not steep tho the trail is rocky and this time of year (mid June), the thimbleberries and brush is thick. Very nice hike along a rushing creek with intermittent pools. About 3ish miles up, you'll come to a sturdy bridge. From the bridge, the falls is not much further. Keep going, it's worth the effort. Also from the bridge, you can look up the south side of the canyon to see a natural arch. When planning this hike, leave time to stop and take pictures. You'll be glad you did.

This is one of the most beautiful hikes I have ever done. It is great to do at the end of May/June as all of the wildflowers are in full bloom.

Absolutely rocking every time I go. Doggie loves it too.

Great views. Nice and cool in May. Mt flowers are out. My dog loves the hike.

It was amazing! Everyone we met on the trail were very nice, although only one group out of 7 actually made it to the first waterfall. I highly suggest that anyone who doesn't hike frequently, be prepared for a full day of hiking and wear appropriate hiking boots! You will be amazed with the pay off when you reach the waterfalls.

This trail has insanely good views the majority of the trip. In fact, you will probably go slower than you think because of how much you will be oohing and aahing at everything. The waterfalls are pretty nice, and there's actually a nice little pool underneath in which you can swim without getting killed. The trail is somewhat overgrown in parts, so I would suggest you not wear shorts. Also, it ranges from pretty rocky to only rocks so I would suggest wearing shoes with thick soles, and if you have bad ankles, take your time.

We stayed the night at the campground - there is a nice private walk-in site, along with several other standard park/camp spots.

The hike through the canyon was absolutely gorgeous. The trail was well maintained and pretty easy to hike. There were several spots to step off to the side and try your luck fishing the stream. We took our time and never made it to the waterfall or the lake, but definitely plan on returning to experience everything we missed the first time around.