WOOLF PEN TRAIL

WOOLF PEN TRAIL is a 2.5 mile out and back trail located near Eagle Rock, MO and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

PURPLE SHALE AND LIMESTONE LEDGES AND CANYON VIEWS THE TRAILHEAD BEGINS NEAR THE SHALE/LIMESTONE OUTCROPS,THIS IS PURPLE SHALE/LIME AND IS BEAUTIFUL. ALL YOU CAN FIND ARE SMALL PIECES NOW DUE TO IT BEING USED IN BUILDINGS WALLS.IT IS FULL OF FOSSILS IF YOU LOOK HARD YOU THINK YOU ARE ON THE SEA BED. THE TRAILS IN THE AREA GO TO SEVERAL OF THE OLD HOMESTEADS OF THE 1800'S NAMES AND MAPS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. TO THE SOUTHEAST IS TABLE ROCK LAKE AND THE SOUTHWEST IS ROARING RIVER STATE PARK. THIS TRAIL IS A GAP THAT OVERLOOKS BOTH.

I do not think this trail exists. I found the location, but no trail. You walk down a hill to a gate and that seems to be it.

who put's these trails on here? I found the location in the pictures, and there was no trail, I didn't see any fossils, Nothing but a road going down hill to a closed gate. Just down hill from road there are private property signs and no trespassing signs on both sides of the road. I would like to talk to the person who posted this on here, and thank him or her for a big waste of time. unless you know and get permission from the landowner I wouldn't waste my time going to this trail. I'm just glad it's close to roaring river so at least it wasn't a complete waste of time. if your going to post trails on here, at least give a waypoint or two. I can stare at a map and draw lines for a hike from home too..... that doesn't make it a trail!