Wire Road Trail of Tears

Wire Road Trail of Tears is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Crane, MO and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Old Wire Road and Trail of Tears,along the Creek bottom glades.Beautiful. This is a newer Trail system and has good trails in most of the area. There are some locusts in the bottoms that make for a thorny experience if you get into them. The Area is a great natural trout area and one of the only places to have a special trout that I can not remember the name of. This area gives the feel of the times past and the great movement west,which it really is.I really enjoy this area and spend as much time around here as I can. There are Special fishing rules so check the manual before taking to many home. The Water Cress is great this time of year with the weather just starting to warm up,and Spring is in the Air. There are numerous Trails in the area to choose from I will just try ang get you here.

This was a pleasant micro-hike (bout 2.2 miles). The trailhead starts you with the best scenery then you are lead to a more "open" grassy trail in the bottom of the valley. It's rated as moderate but I would call it "A walk in the park". Really good scenery and if you like to fish (and willing to do the little bit extra e.g. Walking up the creek) you can have a good time. It's a good place to fly fish. We took our two dogs and our 14year old and it was pretty easy. We saw lots of birds, a turtle on the trail, explored the creek etc.

no scenery hardly. lots of spiderwebs on trail

Nice easy hike; well maintained trails; great for the kids & older folks. Our dogs enjoyed it as well.

The signage is very bad, but a nice hike for a novice like myself all the same. Also, I couldn't get a very good signal on my phone so gps wasn't much help either. The trail runs parallel to a stream that was quite lovely & a couple of guys were fishing it (said they were catching, too). Couple of good hills but overall a pretty easy hike.

There is still no good signs alerting you to which trail is which. Me and my wife were able to figure out that we were a good portion of the mutli-use trail. We came across a three way fork. There was no true sign saying, "Hey, this loops back around!" It took us a wild guess.(Head far left) The terrain is beautiful though. Couldn't get any better on a 60 degree spring afternoon. I do recommend this place. Plus you get to see a beaver or two lol.

Not a bad ride. There are no markers so I got a little tuned around. 1st half was very overgrown but better once it went into the woods. Challenging climbs tools to walk a bit.

Trail is not marked very well. Go thru the service gate, up and then the trail goes left and arcs to the right. Straight up in one spot and then straight back down.

Very easy flat hike along creek bed. Very good hike if you want to take a dog.