Wildcat Glades Walk

Wildcat Glades Walk is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Joplin, MO and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Local Fishing and Camping area,one unique species of lichens thrives in area. This Trail was done for the Unique lichens and lichen grasshoppers that are in this park.Researcher's with the New York Botanical Garden,Linda Vandaveer,1-212-979-3197 Audubon Society, have taken a liking to the lichens on the chert glades of the park. A lichen is a plant made up of an alga and a fungus growing in a symbolic association.The alga grows within the fungus,and relies on the fungus for protection from drought and the elements.The alga produces food for the fungus.

Well-maintained and beautiful views! Needed the map to navigate.

will definitely visit again.

esta buenísimo

Great trail with beautiful cliffs and water scenery.

I visit this trail probably three times a week, half of it is very easy the other half can be difficult for some. This is a beautiful and mostly well maintained trail that has cliff sights, caves, and a nice view of the creek!

I take this trail pretty regularly. Lots of wildlife and a few different options as far as paths. There's a long stretch of fairly flat paved area around the park, and a little rougher bit going up towards Reddings Mill. I usually park down by Low Water Bridge and go all the way around Audubon.

I like this trail because there is something for everyone. If you take the bluff trail, be prepared for very narrow pathways, steep hills, and cliff drop offs the whole trail. If you take the trail on the other side of Shoal Creek, you can walk on paved pathways through the forest and up to the creek. Very cool trail to explore right outside Joplin!

This is a good little trail. It's surprisingly pretty for the Joplin area. The prettiest section of the trail starts on the south side of the old bridge in Reddings Mill (that's where I always start from, anyways). That section will follow the river for a while and end up on top of a bluff. Over all, it's a fun little hike.

I love Wildcat. I like this trail a lot, but it seems that some people have kind of trashed it since the last time I was there. There were broken bottles everywhere and some people spray painted a lot of rocks. It makes me mad that people do things like that. It is still very beautiful though.

Beautiful in the Summer! My 6 year old son and I went today. We got about half way (to the point of the Warning Sign about steep bluffs), we turned around and walked back. We did see a dog, but he was friendly and even helped us find our way back a little....lol. We will be completing the whole trail on Saturday with my husband. Perfect for home school students who would love to explore nature. My son especially liked the river, streams and the butterflies!

The prettiest trail around Joplin. Not a hard or long walk, though there are a few steep hills.

This is probably the most scenic hike available in close proximity to the city limits of Joplin, MO. There is the option for a paved trail for running or walking, however, the real beauty of Wildcat is found on the non-paved path.

If you go over the river by bridge, you will head East at the intersection until you see a parking lot at the top of the hill on your right. There, you can park and cross the street to begin the trail.
Make sure you hang a right at the beginning so you can see "mother natures crack" and a few beautiful outlooks on the trail that leads you from the cliffs all the way down to the river.

It is a short hike and it is not the most spectacular, but I will say it is the best for what we have in this area and it is the perfect way to take less than an hour out of your day to relieve some stress.

Nice trail with lots of native plants. The chert glade and creek always provide interesting views during the walk.

I decided to hit this one up again. I walked the paths on the north side of the creek, and had a great time. There are a few places where you can go off of the main trail, and walk up along the cliff faces, and through the woods a bit. I saw [and heard] plenty of wild life. I even managed a glimpse of an owl pretty high up and the trees. Unfortunately he flew off before I could get my camera out. Next time I go, I will have to give the south side a shot.

It is not a hard trail. It is very peaceful on the cliff side. And an easy stroll on the other side. You can see plenty of birds and animals if you look. Just watch out for the skunks.

Was able to take my 2 year old in her Jeep stroller. We loved it. Most is paved but parts are not and if you don't have an all terrain stroller I wouldn't even bother trying it with a regular stroller. Lots of gorgeous rock overhangs and a few caves, but they've blocked off for years. Good photography opportunities in late spring/summer/fall but in the rainy season rather inaccessible.

It is a nice trail. Not very hard to do. Very peaceful. If you do the whole thing it is close to 5 miles. There are bats that you will see in the evening.