Wildcat Glades Walk

Wildcat Glades Walk is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Joplin, Missouri and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Local Fishing and Camping area,one unique species of lichens thrives in area. This Trail was done for the Unique lichens and lichen grasshoppers that are in this park.Researcher's with the New York Botanical Garden,Linda Vandaveer,1-212-979-3197 Audubon Society, have taken a liking to the lichens on the chert glades of the park. A lichen is a plant made up of an alga and a fungus growing in a symbolic association.The alga grows within the fungus,and relies on the fungus for protection from drought and the elements.The alga produces food for the fungus.

Well-maintained and beautiful views! Needed the map to navigate.

will definitely visit again.

esta buenísimo

Great trail with beautiful cliffs and water scenery.

I visit this trail probably three times a week, half of it is very easy the other half can be difficult for some. This is a beautiful and mostly well maintained trail that has cliff sights, caves, and a nice view of the creek!

I take this trail pretty regularly. Lots of wildlife and a few different options as far as paths. There's a long stretch of fairly flat paved area around the park, and a little rougher bit going up towards Reddings Mill. I usually park down by Low Water Bridge and go all the way around Audubon.

I like this trail because there is something for everyone. If you take the bluff trail, be prepared for very narrow pathways, steep hills, and cliff drop offs the whole trail. If you take the trail on the other side of Shoal Creek, you can walk on paved pathways through the forest and up to the creek. Very cool trail to explore right outside Joplin!

This is a good little trail. It's surprisingly pretty for the Joplin area. The prettiest section of the trail starts on the south side of the old bridge in Reddings Mill (that's where I always start from, anyways). That section will follow the river for a while and end up on top of a bluff. Over all, it's a fun little hike.

I love Wildcat. I like this trail a lot, but it seems that some people have kind of trashed it since the last time I was there. There were broken bottles everywhere and some people spray painted a lot of rocks. It makes me mad that people do things like that. It is still very beautiful though.

Beautiful in the Summer! My 6 year old son and I went today. We got about half way (to the point of the Warning Sign about steep bluffs), we turned around and walked back. We did see a dog, but he was friendly and even helped us find our way back a little....lol. We will be completing the whole trail on Saturday with my husband. Perfect for home school students who would love to explore nature. My son especially liked the river, streams and the butterflies!

The prettiest trail around Joplin. Not a hard or long walk, though there are a few steep hills.