Trail of Tears State Park Pee-Wah Trail

Trail of Tears State Park Pee-Wah Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jackson, Missouri that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Peaceful, with some beautiful views of the Mississippi river, but definitely would wait a little later in the year to go when you can wear long pants! ticks and mosquitos were terrible

The first 1/3 of the trail was challenging to difficult with many hills and dry creek bed crossings - if one follows the red highlighted trail clockwise. the last part of the trail is actually a blacktop road. It is probably about a half mile. Other routes will avoid the blacktop. There was some vegetation leaning over the trail in some or more areas. long pants is suggested. Trail markers were nonexistent for about the first mile clockwise to the first 't'. Enjoy.

Peewah was beautiful and challenging.

Nice little trail with great views of the Mississippi river

Beautiful hike! Can't wait to do it again!

Great camp sites we had a blast!

Nice trail with nice scenic overlook of Mississippi if you take the detour to the east.

Good trail. Spiderwebs everywhere, but that's the time of year!

I hiked the Peewah trail two weeks ago. It is an awesome trail. I started on the red line, but I ended up on the yellow line because I thought that was the longer trail. I guess I should of been more aware of my trail before I started. If I ever visit Missouri again, I will definitely hike here again!!