Trail Among the Trees

Trail Among the Trees is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glencoe, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

Trail was nice but didn't get to complete it do to a tree failure that took out the bridge - but it was interesting to see the force that a fallen tree can have on a man-made structure. Will need to go back and complete this trail sometime

The first part of the trail is super-easy unless you decide to climb on some of the gorgeous bluffs and rock formations along the trail, an act explicitly and strictly forbidden by the signs. Therefore, we did not touch the bluff with the cave, where the signs were, but we did ascend a very small offshoot in front of one of the formations to find the perfect spot for an ambush, should one ever seek to become a bandit. The last formation before the washed-out bridge was covered with a gaggle of ten children, so we slid past that one as quickly as possible.

If you're looking to avoid hills, however, you should definitely turn back at the site of the ex-bridge or face immediate disappointment. The ascent begins immediately after; while not overwhelming, it was certainly strenuous enough to make this old woman pant a bit.

I can't comment much on the rest of the scenery at this time, because it was late dusk while we finished the trail and the light was dim. What we could see was interesting enough for us to mark this hike for a return trip so that we could get some decent pictures.

All in all, a very nice hike, and more enjoyable than I would usually expect from a paved trail.

Trail of the trees - suspension bridge has been demolished by a tree. Have to go through dry creek bead to left of bridge to continue on trail 4/19/16

Nice little hike for beginners.

My kids really enjoyed the hike. This was one of my favorites as a kid. I really miss the cave.

Did the Lime Kiln Loop or something like t hat. It was nice. Good incline towards the beginning and then evens out. Good workout. Beautiful area. Well maintained and well marked.

Good for us, looking for trails good for beginners. Paved much of the way, stairs, bridges, and lots of rock formations to see. Pretty views at top of the trail. Hiked it clockwise so we started near visitor's center.

Hiked Trailed Among the Trees with my parents when I was little. It is easy and paved. This trail is what got me into enjoying the outdoors and especially hiking.

The trail is easy but a nice walk with the dogs.

Good