Three Creeks Trail

Three Creeks Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ashland, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

Good spring wildflowers and spotty glades. Rocky streams.

This trail is a little hard to follow once it hits the creek and should really be hiked in the winter/fall due to vegetation growth. A couple of beautiful views and a swimming hike option as well. Beware it isn't marked at all. Have fun.

Great trail, not too overgrown and a perfect distance for beginning hikers. Can be ran, use caution due do rocks and roots. Not highly travelled. There is a creek crossing which is hard to cross with out getting wet, had to use a fallen tree to get across. Trail is well marked and shaded.

Three Creeks Conservation Area is a great place to hike a fairly easy 3-mile interpretive loop or some of the other 8 or so miles of trail. This weekend we hiked 15 miles on the property and saw three caves- Hunter's Cave, Spring Cave, and a third one we just happened upon, but it was large enough to walk into. The trail maps available online and at the site do not include all of the trails, so be sure to take your GPS device in case you get turned around! Beautiful bluffs and several creeks run through the area. The trails cross the creeks multiple times, so do plan to get your feet wet! Primitive camping is allowed and there are many great places to pitch a tent. Most of the trails are moderate. Lots of climbs that take you up and down around 200 feet of elevation multiple times. I've been many times and will continue to go back as each season brings new sights to see!

If you ride or walk the trail down by the cave watch out for the itch weed. It is not pleasant for horses or people. Otherwise, I have enjoyed riding this trail on horseback, and the part meant only for hikers is nice too.

I run here regularly. It's not a out and back trail. And this sights posted distance is also not correct. Linking ALL the trails you can get close to 8 miles out of it. Awesome trail! Something for everyone.

The hike is very scenic. Lot of camp fire sites along the way. Found one still with hot ambers, went ahead and put out with dirt. Down to the creeks is a lot of fun, well worth the drive

Spent a few hours walking this trail. Saw 5 snakes and stepped on 1. Do not walk in the fall when the snakes are out unless you really don't care to run into them.

Beautiful place. Started at Tomlin Rd trail head. Was a day of getting used to pack size for later trips this year. Day started in low 20's ended in mid 40's, went from ice and snow to mud. We hiked 8.9 miles total in the area, took in a couple trails over near Deer Park Rd as we explored the area then back across to Tomlin starting point. Took a lunch break in a grove of pine trees, reminded me of being out west. Conservation maps of the area are a good source to keep you off of private land, from looking at the tracks left, that didn't always happen.

Beautiful place. The maps aren't reeeaaal accurate, but they are somewhat. The "loop" looks nothing like the map on this page. Doing some more mapping in my head so I can figure out how to make a good 8 mile loop out of it. Do either the Thomlin Hill Rd. entrrance where there are big cliffs, or the Turkey Creek Loops where there are many creek crossings and trails through woods and creek bottoms. Great for kids too!

Took my six year old on this trail today. They do need markers that show the beginning of the trails. We wandered through the woods for about half a mile before we found some mowed track and then found the trail. Knowing what I do now I'll totally do this again. We took a two mile loop and it crosses the creek a few times. He really loved it. We played around in the creek for a bit. It is clearly marked once you're on it but like I said, finding it was odd. Right off the access road. I'll be back!!

Such a pretty trail, but the map is not so great and the trail is marked, but still very confusing. I wish more trails would use a 'you are here' type of marking, so you would know exactly where you were.