Swope Park Mountain Bike Trail

Swope Park Mountain Bike Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kansas City, MO that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Swope Park is a 18 mile trail located near Kansas City, Missouri. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking.

Great for hiking with pets and getting a time away! Long trail with many beautiful rocks and out looks.

I run variations here 3x per week. Easy hike, tough runs. iPhone maps show all trails, check at intersections then take off in loop of choice. Busiest on weekends of course; I was the only human there early on WED afternoon.

So far, i love the Woodchuck trail and cant wait to knock it out so i can start on the Rancho d' Lux trail.
Took awhile to find a starting point for a trail and when i did start, i had no idea which one i was on because there are slim to none of any signs. Nor, is there any maps on the trail like there is at Shawnee Mission Park trails. I had to go online and print out a map.
Online- i noticed the creators have added on a new phase to the Woodchuck trail but the map does not indicate where the phases even start.
Another downside is that you can hear traffic but its not too bad- its easy to block out when you're enjoying the rocky incline.
Trails are clear and nicely maintained. Not to mention, theyre full of wildlife. Ive seen deer, snakes, birds, squirrels and crazy gnarly spiders. Dont worry, theyre more scared than you are.

All in all, this is a great park with great trails.

Solid, if not unspectacular, multi-trail park about 15-20 min from downtown KC. Can create multiple loops. Minor elevation changes - switchbacks on the Woodchuk Trail are cool. They are expanding that trail. Share with mountain bikers, but you can see them coming. Can hear cars on multiple roads even from the interior trails, so that's not the best. Rocky Bluffs hiking-only trail has some interesting rock formations.

I'd advise taking a picture of the trail map at the start of the trail, as the signage is minimal (though apparent) on the trailheads, and the trails themselves have no paint and aren't otherwise marked.

This trail could only be considered "moderate" in difficulty for someone who is woefully out of shape, though it does, like I said, have some minor elevation changes.

Trails are well-maintained and are visually appealing. Can spot deer. I would recommend trail shoes as it is rocky in some places.

Loved this trail. I can't wait to come back and explore more. Thanks to All Trails that I even knew about it!

The trails are beautiful - you almost forget you're in a city

Rancho D-Lux: Great trail. Easy to follow. Mostly flat with only a few rocky and/or inclined stretches. We saw a turtle and a young deer!

I followed the perimeter of the bike trails and then backtracked a little to make this a 9 mile loop. Trails were very well maintained and there were many interesting rock formations along the way. One of the best trails I've been on in the Kansas City area.

Absolutely beautiful trail! Nice and shady to keep you cool in the summer, and very little bugs/spider webs compared to most nature trails. Plus, the trails are absolutely beautiful, and there are tons of tracks you can take! Everything is well marked and well taken care of. Definitely my favorite trail so far!

Beautiful easy walk. took my two dogs and they did great. bring water.

I think it's the best trail system in the city. Within the park you have a lot of trail options. The scenery is beautiful and the terrain varies quite a bit. My favorite.

I started out my cool crisp Saturday morning here with my dog. I could not have asked for a better trail. The paths I took were all clean and clear of debris and my dog had a blast navigating the trails. We didn't run into any issues during the hike and I can't wait to go back for a longer day. I am sure my furry friend can't either! Happy trails!

Great place for biking and hiking. I've gone multiple times for biking and love it!!