Sugar Camp Scenic Byway

Sugar Camp Scenic Byway is a 18.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Cassville, MO that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

18.5 miles 2513 feet Point to Point

off road driving

scenic driving

scenic driving

For years we have traveled 112 through the Mark Twain National Forest and Roaring River State Park as part of our route to drive to Silver Dollar City. I would see the sign for The Sugar Camp Scenic Drive and always wondered what was down that way. In 2010, I picked up my Mom, and we just took a drive in the Fall to experiencethe Sugar Camp Scenic Drive. I highly recomend going in the Fall to see all the colors of the leaves (see my photos of this drive). Before we took the drive, I saw that the drive was featured in the Falcon Guide "Scenic Driving The Ozarks" by Don Kurz. There was alot of interesting information and a helpful map that showed that if we got on the Sugar Camp Scenic Drive off of 112, we would come out eventually on 86 in Eagle Rock. The drive is a well maintained gravel road that features Onyx Cave Picnic Area and scenic views of Radium Hollow, Cedar Creek Valley and a section of the White River. There is also a portion of this drive that features flat open areas of small limestone glades.

off road driving