Smithville Lake Trails

Smithville Lake Trails is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Smithville, MO that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Awesome park for hiking, trail running or mountain biking.

By far the best trails I have found in KC. Lots of options to go off the pavement into more rocky terrain with a little challenge. As well as some pavement. Pretty views of the lake as a bonus.

Nice paved trails. Plenty of scenic miles to cover if you choose.

Beautiful lake views. Paved trails. Great for biking or walking.

My fiance and I did this trail with our 2 youngest children ( 15 & 11 ). Even though we only did just under 3 miles it was great and we all enjoyed it. The trail along the river can be a little challenging but is worth the views.

Good trail. Says it's 10 miles but actually lots of options for different lengths and different difficulty levels. Some paved and some not. We did both with our dog and really enjoyed the views of the lake, the wildlife, the flowers, and so much more.

It's a good place if you live close to Smithville but if you're going to travel all the way out here from Johnson County Kansas might as well not even come out. Not too sure about the off road trails it was too muddy

We only went about 2 miles, but it was great practice for the kids, with some rocky areas and gentle slopes.

Great hike. If you take all the alternates for the dirt trails, it will total 10 miles. This is the best set of trails we have hiked in the KC area. The trails are very well maintained and clearly marked. Well worth the trip to Smithville.

Great trail that hugs the lake. Probably my favorite lake with the best trail running along side it. The trail will actually go out on some peninsulas - great place to stop/eat/snack and enjoy nature. Smithville has some of the longest continuous trails next to Perry. But if you are looking to be near the water a lot, this is the trail for you. I remember doing 18 miles out at Smithville and there was more I could have done/opportunities to make the trail longer. Very enjoyable, you are biking through campgrounds so you are around campers some but other places its very quiet.

Love these trails. The ones I ride on are paved and follow the shore of the lake. Beautiful place to bike. Easy to add some miles on the road in addition to the trails. During the summer months, bathroom facilities with water are right along the trail. Pit toilets available year round. Great place.

Great trails ranging from easy to difficult. There is an abundance of lake views, wildlife, and shady off-beaten rocky paths. Can be confusing, so grab a map at the entrance. Love this trailhead!

Great set of trails. They have something for everyone. There are easy to difficult trails. Lots of wild life in the area. It was raining but there was several shelters if someone wanted to get out of the rain.

I have to say that I truely love biking up here! It doesn't matter if I am wanting to just go for an easy ride with family, or if you want to have some real fun and test yourself this trail really has it! There is about ten miles of paved path that is extremely pretty, and there are all kinds of off road paths that will keep you up on your game!