Route 66 State Park Trail

Route 66 State Park Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eureka, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and road biking and is accessible year-round.

The south loop trail was an actual hiking trail but it was very short (1.5 miles) - The outer loop was just on a gravel road for part of it and a paved road for the rest (3.25 miles total). Pretty boring - not really much to see - there were some shorter trails that branched off from the outer loop but I didn't have time for those and the trails were poorly marked in this area.

A pretty place, but not my kind of trail. I like a lot more scenery and ruggedness to negotiate. This would be great for families with kids or maybe someone needing some easy walking to start an exercise program. Quite flat. You want to be sure and spray bug spray that repel mosquito as they are really bad here. If you ride your horses here, be sure they're used to the sound of traffic on an interstate bridge as you will be riding underneath one and it's loud.

I love this place, my partner's family had a place out here years ago ! the history is awesome. it was my first park I visited when I moved here 11 years ago. good place to walk your dog's ( brings bags ! ) worth the drive from south county.

Did the outlerloop. Not that scenic, very flat. Probably would be more fun to bike.

Nice easy 2 mile loop. Looking forward to trying the large loop

I only hiked a mile and a half on the outer loop and after the same creepy guy passed me 3 times in 15 minutes I pretty much ran back to my car.

Finding a paved trail was difficult. A lot of the trails we would park at, walk up to the trail, and realize it was completely overgrown and only feasible if we had a horse. Found one great, paved trail, but it was only 2 miles and didn't provide much shade, or much to look at. Will most likely not be back

Nice trail for a run more so than hiking. It could use more signs. I was following the green trail but after the trailhead there was no signage at all.

scenic driving