Ridge Runner Trail

DIFFICULTY 1 reviews

Ridge Runner Trail is a 38 mile loop trail located near Vanzant, MO. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

38.0 miles Loop

Don't go, don't hike this trail. We arrived at the trail head around 10:30am from Springfield. We intended to walk the short loop. There is a map at the trail head and we took a picture of it to refer to later. Don't bother. There are trial makers everywhere, but they aren't much help except to let you know you are on a trail. There are a number on intersections with service roads and trails and the markings are confusing. We started on the trail marked "Short Loop" but never saw that name again except on markers pointing back the way we came. Never saw a market again that said long loop. So of course we took the wrong one went a mile and it intersected a country road and we realized we were on the wrong trail. Back the other way and take another option this one marked to the lake. That was the short loop but it wasn't short enough. The under brush was over grown and at times completely obscured the trail and constantly slashed at our legs. I have never seen so much poison ivy in my life. I have been hiking for a while and I am always looking for a good trail, this one ain't it. I was truly glad to be off of it. I didn't take any pictures because there was nothing to take pictures of.