Pine Ridge Recreation Area Campground

Pine Ridge Recreation Area Campground is a 0.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Bloomfield, MO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

There is a camp host now at Pine Ridge. Been there MANY times. Had a drunk that was at the camp host area come up yelling at me in the middle of the night because he thought I got too close to his tent. I hadn't noticed it until a minute before and was getting away from it. I was verbally abused,sworn at, threatened then the host told me I couldn't go to the rest room that there are many places I could use. (In the bushes). I was very frightened and stayed up most of the night. Otherwise it's a good campsite.

This is a nice little trail for almost any time of the year. The majority of this trail winds back and forth through the trees until arriving at a creek. The trail crosses a cow pasture or two but those are very short and marked with metal gates. Once across the creek, the trail follows the road for a short distance before starting back into the trees. A few miles after this, you will arrive at Dry Fork. Past Dry Fork, the trail continues down the unpaved road. There are plenty of nice places to camp in between the two campsites. Horses do occasionally come through and many of the hills that lead down to water sources have been washed out or are slow to dry out and muddy. Still, a nice little trail and an easy dayhike.

Well maintained campground, great scenery around the area. I've camped here a number of times, both with Scouts and on my own. Gets you out in nature yet close to civilization.

My experience is that it is really busy. Many times every spot in the campground is taken.

If you would like some more seclusion, try Dry Fork campground down the road. Still part of the national forest, just a little more secluded and peaceful.

Great place for hiking! Peaceful and just the sounds of nature could be heard.