Old Kate Trail - Parkville Nature Sanctuary

Old Kate Trail - Parkville Nature Sanctuary is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, MO that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

Old Kate Trail is located in a small urban forest that takes you through second growth timber, old pasture, over a boardwalk the overlooks a wet area along a stream and past a small waterfall.

Beautiful

Great trails. You can go on so many different paths. Felt very safe and there are plenty on other people there.. Have fun on this one...

One of my local favorites

Very pretty and peaceful!

I really enjoyed this trail. I had my 2 1/2 year old son with me. He was able to walk the entire trail and explore without me holding his hand the entire way. A great place for youngsters, safe and easily accessible. There are benches A long the way as well and a nice sized waterfall. Definitely a family place.

Great for young Kiddos. :)

I had a really good time with my three year old. He enjoyed the water features. It's not much of a nature getaway because of the power lines, train noise and houses that are visible from the trail, but worked perfect for a 60 degree day in January. This is a very well maintained trail.

This is a really good short trail I use it for training for longer hikes.

Short trail, easy outing with so much to offer. Wildlife, local history, waterfalls and flora of all types. Clean, well marked and maintained. A trail for all seasons. Look forward to revisiting.