Maple Woods Natural Area Trail

Maple Woods Natural Area Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kansas City, MO that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Maple Woods Natural Area trail meanders through a small suburban forest of old growth timber. The trail begins by crossing a foot bridge, swings left along a small creek before ascending the hill, down the other side and back to the trailhead.

I love it! Peaceful and perfect for hammocking!

Heckin rad, dudes

It was so fun! Our entire family enjoyed it!

I loved this trail.. Some great things to see while you are hiking as well.

Pleasantly surprised with this lushly wooded area.

Great little trail.

This is a great starter trail! Clean and challenging but not hard. Would recommend for families with older kids. Our nine year old loved it, but it was a little too much for our six year old.

We really enjoyed this trail! It was a last minute stop, so we will have go again!! We saw several deer playing not too far from us!! The hills and natural terrain make it a little bit of a challenge and fun!

Good little trail. It has some good hills.

I love this trail! Rougher terrain (for KC area) makes it a bit of a challenge (definitely a hike vs. a walk), yet a short enough hike to make it very easy to fit in during the usual weekend activities. One of my favorites on cooler days, keeping bugs and snakes at bay. Last time I went I saw deer and turkeys. Be mindful of footing when leaves have fallen...they blanket the trail -- easy to lose sight of the trail if you are not familiar with it, as well as hidden rocks and tree roots.

Good little trail in nature. Came close to deer and a badger. If you can block out the noise of cars in a small part of the trail, you'd never know you were in the city.

This is a fast trial that's located in the center of the "Northland." The trail is mostly natural surfaces with some mulch near the trailhead. The west loop of the trail is rather rocky but overall its not to bad. I have hiked this trail several times and usually meet other hikers but its not too crowded like some city trails.

Did I miss something here? This trail was short and not well maintained. (lots of poison ivy too) It'll do for a quick early morning or after work hike but I wasn't terribly impressed. Sad.

As you're walking down this trail you would have no idea you are in the city limits of Kansas City. Great way to see some nature without leaving the city.