Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A combination of woodsy trails, old roads and a few streams to cross.

The signage was terrible. Very confusing, not well marked. Sight was okay.

LONG and PERFECT SCENIC VIEWS/photo ops !

I hiked this trail last weekend, a very easy hike with little elevation, nothing to spectacular, its nice long trail. I hiked the Lewis and Clark trail the next day which was 8 miles and was way more impressed with the Lewis and Clark then the Lost Valley. Lost Valley and Lewis + Clark both have great history.

Decent Hike Nothing Spectacular. Great history in the area which makes it a little more exciting.

Hiked this trail yesterday with my wife and our two daughters. Enjoyed most of the trails until we got to mile 8. After you hike pass the 8 mile mark there is an option to go right or keep going straight, but no signs telling you which direction to go. They need more markings at this spot, also at mile 7 it shows go left to continue on the lost trail and right for a short loop, which doesn't show you anything on the map where it takes you. Other than these few hiccups... great hike!!

Great private walk! Less intense than the hills of the Lewis and Clark. Loved it!

The dirt trails are awesome, a lot of gravel to get to them though. Took my dog and he loved the shade and creek nearby. Can't wait to explore this place again!

It was a great ride. I took about 4-5 breaks to look around and drink water. Total ride time was 1hr 27mins. 11miles total because I missed a turn and ended up on Hamburg trail.

Road about 3 miles at first, STAY ON PATH!!!! I made a mistake and thought it was an optional road to take. Road uphill and around a bend just to find an abandon parking lot???? Discovered this was an old ammo storage site for WWII. All buildings and roads are gone... would never know it was such a place until I found a handicap parking spot in the middle of nowhere..... Needless to say... wasted a lot of energy... it was fun, pack food and water... I can imagine the 10.5 mile trail can take about 3-5 hours to complete (that's what I heard from others). All depends on your skill level, breaks etc. I also suggest do not ride alone...its the woods and we do live in bear country and during the summer expect snakes... bring first aid kit...FYI. I plan to go back in a few weeks and will stay on path.

I was a bit bummed out by the amount of double track gravel in this trail. The first 2.5 miles is all double track gravel plus some other parts that added up to about 4 miles total. The dirt trail portions were great though! There was some pretty good scenery and I ran into a few Deer just feet off the trail, which was really nice. :) The trail is an easy moderate for running though. Not much elevation gain and not too technical. There were a few technical spots which were super fun, but overall, it was moderately easy for running.