Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, MO that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A combination of woodsy trails, old roads and a few streams to cross.

Great private walk! Less intense than the hills of the Lewis and Clark. Loved it!

The dirt trails are awesome, a lot of gravel to get to them though. Took my dog and he loved the shade and creek nearby. Can't wait to explore this place again!

It was a great ride. I took about 4-5 breaks to look around and drink water. Total ride time was 1hr 27mins. 11miles total because I missed a turn and ended up on Hamburg trail.

Road about 3 miles at first, STAY ON PATH!!!! I made a mistake and thought it was an optional road to take. Road uphill and around a bend just to find an abandon parking lot???? Discovered this was an old ammo storage site for WWII. All buildings and roads are gone... would never know it was such a place until I found a handicap parking spot in the middle of nowhere..... Needless to say... wasted a lot of energy... it was fun, pack food and water... I can imagine the 10.5 mile trail can take about 3-5 hours to complete (that's what I heard from others). All depends on your skill level, breaks etc. I also suggest do not ride alone...its the woods and we do live in bear country and during the summer expect snakes... bring first aid kit...FYI. I plan to go back in a few weeks and will stay on path.

I was a bit bummed out by the amount of double track gravel in this trail. The first 2.5 miles is all double track gravel plus some other parts that added up to about 4 miles total. The dirt trail portions were great though! There was some pretty good scenery and I ran into a few Deer just feet off the trail, which was really nice. :) The trail is an easy moderate for running though. Not much elevation gain and not too technical. There were a few technical spots which were super fun, but overall, it was moderately easy for running.

Nice trail, very peaceful!!! Also had a tick fall on my dog and me, so check for ticks.

Pretty fun trail. A decent amount of gravel roads but mostly fun single track. Just make sure you check yourself for ticks, found three on me

Good hiking trail. You can hear the hwy in several spots which does away something, but still nice. it had rained heavily the day before so several spots were very muddy and we had to cross the creek a couple of times which of course meant wet shoes. Note: the "short" loop is 6.5 miles.

A lot of walking on roads.. I mean.... It's like mostly service Rd in power line easements. . Bleh. Couple pretty spots.

I did the full 11 miles today with my son. It was a bit tougher than I expected, but nice scenery and a good workout. I will do this one again, but maybe not the whole thing all at once!

It was great! Refreshing and fun for my boys' first time letting loose!

Rough but great!!!

Great trail. Great scenery. Lots of wildlife to enjoy. Not too populated of a trail so you really feel isolated. We loved it!

Great trail. I enjoyed all 11 miles. My phone died at mile 8 and so i went on without interruptions making it better.....

Awesome!

Major horse flies 6/25/15

Ran this yesterday, 26 April 2015, and loved every minute! The trail is very well marked, and is in excellent condition. It rained cats and dogs the day before, but the trail { which apparently drains well } was only marginally muddy in a few locations; Nothing unavoidable if that's desired. As others have stated, a nice mix of Single Track and Double Track.

I liked it alot, except too much of it was on straight gravel roads. Still worth the drive!