Little Blue Trail

Little Blue Trail is a 14.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Independence, MO that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

14.9 miles 447 feet Point to Point

Solid trail, well marked. I always try and get 2-3 legs in of this trail when I go to KC every few months.

finished entire trail complete loop. trail is great for all styles of bikes.

I finally completed the Lil blue trail.
when I started riding again, I guess I was a little snooty, i didn't want to get my bike all dirty, so I avoided the gravel trails in our area. what a mistake, I put a little wider tire on my hybrid road bike. This trail i would recommend this to anybody just starting or just getting back into riding. There are several reasons I would so highly recommend this trail to novice, nowhere else will you see so many riders without helmets, or just regular clothes, i didn't see one person that reminded me of a NASCAR, you know what I'm saying. I also am pretty sure that I saw a guy with overalls on drinking a beer while riding. I like down to earth people, oh yeah this trail is almost completely flat.

Great year-round trail for biking or walking. Mixed landscapes and easily accessible from many areas.

Mostly flat with mixed gravel and pavement. Nice spot for when you need to clock a longer run. Trail has several people walking, running and biking and I generally feel safe.

beautiful place in the middle of the city you would never know it's there, but it's beautiful for a run or a bike and lots of really nice people out there

Pea gravel mostly with occasional concrete sections. Great scenery. Good for learning to ride or for fast cardio. No technical run offs or options though.

Lots of fun! If you go at sunset the trail is beautiful, and since its 75% out in the open, it's a lot nicer with shade. I would definitely recommend, though.

I love the variety of this very long trail.

Nice easy trail. Wheelchair accessible for the most part.

Good for a long run

Great trail for kids and pets. The scenery is beautiful, especially within the large sections of trees and little rivers. Love it! I have only hiked 4 miles of it, but plan to get a bike soon to complete the full length in a bike ride.

I really like this trail. Flat, but secluded and really pretty in the fall!

The thing I loved about this trail is the amount of distance it spans. You can follow this trail for upwards of 10+ miles from the trailhead. While there isn't much change in elevation, nor is it very secluded like some would prefer (a good amount of the trail runs through a commercialized/industrious part of town), it is well maintained and great for everyone, young & old.

Great distance trail to train on if you plan on distance hiking. Terrain is smooth with very few inclines. Trailhead is actually at the other end down Blue Hills, not what the app says. Also, app reads 14 miles but description says 12 miles. Plan on going 14 miles plus if you are doing the whole thing. Great feature of the trail is that every .2 miles is marked on poles the entire length to monitor your distance, which starts down Blue Hills not the trailhead listed on the app.

Our family really enjoys this trail. Sometimes we all walk and sometimes we bring the kids' bikes. Some of the trail is covered with shade, but a lot of the trail is wide open with no cover. There are spots along the trail that have emergency buttons. I haven't see any places to get water on the 5 miles that I have walked. I also haven't seen any bathrooms. Overall I like this trail and will continue to go back.

Great family trail. Love to take the kids for a bike ride there. Nothing technical at all. Plenty of trailheads along the way for parking. Pretty scenic no matter which direction you ride.

Great place for a family ride. And if you want to tackle it without them for a little time trial, it's perfect for that too.