Lakeside Trail

Lakeside Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Troy, MO that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and fishing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Following the enire shoreline of Lincoln Lake, is frequently used by fishermen. During the summer, a good display of wildflowers can be found between the trail and the edge of the lake. Hikers may enter the trail at either the boat launch ramp or swimming beach.

Nice fairly easy hike. We added the School House trail to it which made a longer hike. Never did see the school house foundation though. Would recommend.

Pretty trail, great lake views, easy hike.
If you hike with your dog, be aware that portions are rocky- small, pointy rocks. Tender-footed canines may have a hard time.

Pretty with lots of snakes.

Pretty scenery and we saw lots of birds. The lake is beautiful. No litter anywhere. Easy loop trail with some incline! Hopped over lots of fallen trees on the trail today. I love this place! I think next time I'm going to try a little more strenuous hike but this one is perfect for dogs & families going at a relaxed pace.

Many shallow water crossings as the trail passes through coves / offshoots of the lovely lake. This was a particularly nice fall hike. Our dog loved the trail, but had to be carried over the dam section as it has screening laid over it to filter out big debris.

This was a great trail to hike. My husband and I enjoyed the trail. I would suggest hiking boots and a walking stick. I would not bring small children on this trail, for it has some tricky parts.