Hickory Grove Trail: Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area

Hickory Grove Trail: Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Springs, MO that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January.

The Hickory Grove Trail is a 3.1 mile out & back trail with a gravel base that meanders through second growth timber and restored prairie plots. Jogging is allowed on the trail.

Nice.

Not bad for KC area. Would recommend the Bethany Falls Trail just around the corner in same area over this one.

Decent out and back trail.

Beautiful in the Fall!

Nice for a run. Kids love catching small frogs at the pond.

Great easy trail for the wife to run while the boy and I explored. Great area for family and singles.

I was pleasantly surprised by this trail. There is a great variety of terrain, and lots of little side trails you can explore. I did this trail and Bethany Falls back to back, which was very manageable.

Easy trail to follow...great scenery...all levels

My husband and I decided to do this trail on a day we did not have the kids with us. We liked it a lot. Though it is not a loop it is a straight 1.5 miles and then you have to do it backwards 1.5 miles. It was well shaded on the 90 degree day we went. Take your water bottles!! All gravel no dogs and no bikes. We did this trail in about 55 minutes.

Easy trail with gravel - lots of trees! Trail starts at parking lot and ends at another parking lot but takes you back in the woods. Very quick easy trail with moderate slopes, etc. No bikes or dogs allowed. Plenty of wildlife to see here. I saw turkey hens and her chicks.

Have ran this several times and love it although I think it is just a little over 2 miles out and back instead of 3. It is a very pretty trail and well maintained.

I stopped by this park today and hiked all the trails, I prefer the natural surface trails but the gravel came in useful today as it was pretty wet. Nice to hike in the summer when some trails get overgrown as this is maintained pretty well, it seems designed more for families.

Love Sept day and I enjoyed the picture taking

Enjoyable trail with very nice bridges. Great for jogging or walking.

I ran this trail and it was nice. It wasn't too difficult but a lot of fun with the hills and bridges. Also, a lot of wildlife and it would be nice to walk it also. Family friendly, and I would suggest this trail to anyone.

Enjoyed walking on this trail and others nearby.

Very pretty trail, saw turkeys and lots of other wildlife, including a snake:) I ran this trail and it had nice hills and plenty of room. Pretty sure it's not 3.1 mikes, more like 2 (although it looked like they had altered the trail?). Other surrounding trails have no running signs posted, stating this is the only trail that allows running. Overall good trail.