Hawn State Park Trail

Hawn State Park Trail is a 12.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ste Genevieve, Missouri that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hawn State Park Trails consist of four major trails that total 15 miles. There are connector trails that allow you to do all four or lessor portions. Several backpacking camps are located on the trails. The meander through a beautiful mixed hardwood and pine forest, crossing streams over ridges.

Easy to follow, well marked trails that weave through a very diverse area made for a great weekend trip. The WCs that don't connect to campsite 1 (I forget their numbers definitively) may are may not be worth it, but Pickle Creek and both loops provide great visuals.

gorgeous! well marked. going back to hike again next weekend.

Amazing trail run difficult at times but was running on dead legs. Beautiful scenery!! Best trail run thus far this year will b back!

Beautiful creek runs along a trail. Great family swimming areas. Pet-friendly is a plus. Challenging hikes for the avid hiker and easy trails for families.

I need your help. I have been few times and ran there but this time I am
Going hiking and wondering which start point and which trail is closer to the river and those rocks?

Lovely trail. Great views, great variance in trail surfaces. Piney woods, rocky outcrops, open fields, creek crossings, this trail is a blast. Great for dogs too.

The weather turned beautiful this February weekend, so I decided to head to Hawn State Park. Everyone always has such positive reviews of these trails I had to check it out. I hiked the connector trail from White Oaks to the North and South loops on the Whispering Pines trail. There were trail runners and day hikers enjoying the trail as well. It was lovely this time of year with no foliage on the trees to obscure the views. Pines, being the exception, added color against the drab landscape. I did an overnight on the south loop. The coyotes serenaded me most of the night. It was quite startling at first being by myself. I soon decided they weren't interested in bothering me. They were only interested in communicating with each other. However continually getting startled awake with their yips and howls was rather annoying. Guess I have to forgive them. I was sleeping in their home. Earlier in the day I scared up a couple White Tail Deer but saw no other critters. I'm looking forward to another visit later on this Spring or Summer. Check these trails out for yourself. They won't disappoint.

Great trail!!! Trail was visibly marked with easy to read connector trail signs. Hiked the connector 3 to the north loop. A little over 5 miles. Will be back again.

I have gone twice in the last month and have fallen in love with this park. Last weekend the leaves were approaching their peak and the views were breath taking!!!! We camped at the campground which is nice and clean. We stayed at sites 17 and 19 which is right by pickle creek and the cliffs. We hiked the north loop and white oak both times. Definitely a work out at times with very rocky terrain but also some flat stretches. I highly recommend an overnight trip

Awesome trail. Did the north trail which says 6 miles but is closer to 7. 90% of the trail is moderate but there is 10%that was hard terrain.

I completed the North and South loops, including Pickle Creek, but I did not do the connecting trails. This was my first solo backpacking overnight trip and it was well worth the hike. I started the trail counterclockwise (went right after the wooden footbridge at the TH). On this trail there was a waterfall, shallow clear creeks full of animal life and sweet hums from the hummingbirds flying nearby. I passed two campsites before landing at the third and final on the south loop. I chose this site ahead of time, knowing I wanted to get the majority of the trial under my belt on day one. The south loop was not as well groomed and the North. It is worth trudging through the tall grass though and making your way through the ups and downs of the rock hills. Loved it. It rained most of the time I was out and it was absolutely beautiful. Total miles for me was 12.5 with Pickle Creek added on. Pickle creek is not as easy as it states...very rocky. Make sure you have good shoes and two hands to catch yourself.