Glassberg Family Conservation Area Trail

Glassberg Family Conservation Area Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Eureka, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This includes the Taconic Loop Trail and the LaBarque Hills Trail.

Geat trail with a respectable elevation change. Don't skip the overlook platform. It's worth a look.

Some steep slippery parts & weedy fields....bugspray is a must---but counterclockwise the stream, little waterfall, pond/lake with water lilies, scenic overlook--inspiring quote at top are worth it---if you do the loop it is 3 miles. Had to conquer this cause 1st time through I went clockwise but thought it was an in and out trail according to the map (new one is accurate, btw). When the lake showed up on my right I knew something was wrong.

The map is misleading. This is a 2.7 mile full loop that has two ponds and a Meramec river overlook. This and Chubb are my two favorite local trails. Until recently they had this location marked as Hilda J Young which is a separate conservation area nearby. Am hoping to record a new track there tonight so as to update this map for accuracy.

A lot of people are confusing this place with the conservation area nearby, Hilda Young. Glassberg is bigger and better! More views, more ponds and lakes, more wildlife! Some is gravel, some dirt, some paved. A must go to hike.

LOOSE HORSE POSSIBLY IN THIS AREA***

Our Alivia's horse "Lilli" is still missing. She spooked and bolted Friday afternoon from our home on John McKeever near Byrnesville Rd. in House Springs. We have received many prayers, concerns, and helpers in searching for her but have not seen her yet. There was a loose horse seen and returned to its owners Saturday in High Ridge. We are very happy for that family, but it was not our Lilli. Lilli is a beautiful bay (copper brown with dark brown mane and tail). She is likely going to be a little spooky after being out in rain and fireworks over the weekend. APPROACH WITH CAUTION AND CARE - Call 911 - Call 636-734-3296 - 636-797-5577 (Jeffco Animal Control).

Our current search area is Byrnesville Rd over to Hwy FF between Lynch Rd and Hwy W. Horse friends think she might have headed toward the Young Conservation Area. Our plea is for continued prayers, concerns, shares of this post, and any assistance and eyes looking in and around that area.

We have been in contact with police, equine organizations, and have posting on several FB pages, equine-related and personal. If you can share this post with FB friends we would greatly appreciate it.

WE ARE OFFERING A REWARD FOR HER SAFE RETURN. We are poised to be at her found or sighted location quickly.

If you see her please contact 636-734-3296 and you can also call 911 or Jefferson County Animal Control at 636-797-5577. If you have suggestions, sightings, searchers, all help is welcome and deeply appreciated by our 9 year old little Alivia, our family, and our scared, loose "Lilli" who is out there somewhere hoping to get back home to her barn.

Didn't even get that far out of the parking lot when my boyfriend, our dog, and I came up on a rattle snake on the side of the trail. Needless to say, I will not be back.

As a new hiker I found the trail head confusing. Not bad, just confusing. It was so clear and clean. I was expecting rugged from the start and it wasn't. Overall I found the hike very challenging (at least some of the hills), but relaxing. The concrete bridge was odd, not at all rustic, but functional. I would hike this area again.

Great trail! Hunting is permitted so wear orange during appropriate seasons. The only down side was we finished a great 6 mile hike to find my passenger window smashed in and the bag hiding my purse gone. So don't leave ANYTHING in your car and don't park close to the exit!!!