Fire Tower Trail

Fire Tower Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cassville, MO that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Heavily Wooded,Rock Ledges,beatiful views Rugged Ozark terrain, dense hardwood forests, open dolomite glades and deep hollows. The views from its wildflower-filled meadows remain pure wilderness. The steep mountainsides have extensive woodland belts that hide numerous stony bluffs, sheltered forest coves, springs and clear-water streams.

Great hike... lost the trail at the end.

This Trail is beautiful in the Fall. If you start from the hatchery do not stop at the fire tower, which isn't worth going up, it has no spectacular view from the top. If you continue on you will come to an open area, there is a sign that says glade restoration, that has a great view of surrounding hills. Keep going! You will eventually cross a highway and the trail will start following part of the river where you and your dog can get in and cool off. It's a pretty long hike so make sure you take some water and snacks!

I love this trail. Plenty of level change and distance. The Fire Tower is a nice touch.

It was really fun I thought it was going to be really hard but I'm 10 and it was really easy and fun there are little stems that are really fun too look at and there is a fire tower that you can go up

My favorite trail on roaring river. The topography changes throughout. The tower is a great place to stop for a meal and hang out. The park was flooded when we went last and we trudged through a lot of water, but it was still a blast.

I absolutely loved the hike on the Fire Tower Trail loop. Beautiful scenery and very well-kept hatchery, lodging, and trails. However, the "loop" is not a true hiking loop since you have to travel on the highway for the last part and to get back to your vehicle.

Came back to hike the trail again. Weather is perfect. I really enjoy this trail. The kids love it!

Map is not correct. Good incline. Beautiful rocks to climb on. My four and six year old maybe it to the tower and back with no problem. Perfect weather today.

The trail itself is very nice with different terrain and elevation changes but I did expect more from the tower at the end. After climbing to the top I was hoping to get some great pictures but because it was Spring and the trees were taller than the tower I couldn't really see anything. Nice hike though!

Very short, quiet trial.

This was a great hike. Though the trees have grown about 20 ft higher than the top of the actual Fire Tower Lookout, it is still quite peaceful when you make it to the top.
It is a moderately easy trail and it feels far from any commercialization so you can really enjoy the beauty of nature while you are out.
Stay on the lookout for water moccasin's, though, as I did see one near a spring on my hike.

Hiked the fire tower trail today. Short an sweet. Good to be home.

Don't use the map on this app for the trail. You will be sad when there is no fire tower at the end

Decent hike. The area was covered in bluffs to explore and the view up the mountain (or big hill) was breathtaking. Being up in the tower was peaceful although we couldn't see over the tree line.

My Husband I really enjoyed this trail! It was super steep to start and the be Bear Aware sign made me a bit nervous, but over all it was wonderful! We got to see some amazing views, it really felt like you were lost in the middle of no where! There were times where the trail was hard to follow and I think we got lost into some other trail along the way, but all of it was beautiful so we can't complain. The river was picture perfect and there was one spot where we walked next to some gorgeous bluffs. The Dogs had a great time traipsing through the leaves, but refused to climb the tower! My Husband and I took turns climbing up and were both impressed at how sturdy it still is! I would recommend this more as a Fall/Winter Hike as the views would be more obstructed when the trees are full of leaves.