Dogwood and Woodbine Trail

Dogwood and Woodbine Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesterfield, MO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

• Shelter
    38.62617, -90.69381

Lots of hills and great exercise on this trail. Birds, owls and foxes are jewels to look for. Great during spring and fall when you can admire the thick canopies and colors.

Maybe because it was muddy it wasn't as enjoyable but the company was good. The day was overcast. And I guess I like longer trails.

I go here twice a week, and love it! Doing both blue and green trails together is a good workout.

This trail was very pretty and well-maintained. I did only one trail the day I went but I want to go back and explore the others. I went at dusk and going through the valleys and hills during that time of day was so beautiful!

Easy trail.

Walked four miles there yesterday. It being a weekday I met only one person. Pretty trails. It was lovely.

The trails are blazed it's and easy to stay oriented IF you have a useable map. There were no maps available yesterday. 10 days ago there were a few photocopied maps that might have been useable if they were in color. All the trails were noted by a solid line, none were dotted or dashed. Using it on the trail was not possible.

There are 4 or 5 trails, not the two noted on this page. None of them are 17.5 miles long. Maybe if you combined all of them it might equal that. The lollipop trail noted by the dashed lines is about 1.5 miles long.

Bring your smart phone or camera and take a picture of the map on the bulletin board. (Which I failed to do.) That might suffice. Otherwise just complete each trail individually so you stay with a single color blaze.

I don't have a gps unit so I don't know if that would work.

Only gave it 3 stars because the lack of maps and rangers peed me off. Apologies, if you are offended. ;-) It is a nice park.

Nice trail done the Virginia May trail. Is a great trail for kids no steep inclines.

Beautiful. I wish it was a little easier to determine the beginning location of each trail within the park. Also, I had numerous tick bites, so beware.

Easy trails! Good for a trail run if you're up for it :)

Easy trails nice scenary...good healthy fun.

Combined the Virginia Day, Woodbine and Dogwood all together and looped Virginia Day one more time for a total of just under 7 miles. It was a nice walk with the leaves changing, also stopped by the spring and cave. The Dogwood trail had the best inclines. Overall, It was a nice change of pace.

Not a bad trail but it was a bit over grown. Ticks, ticks, ticks...plenty of ticks.

The 17 miles that this park describes including equestrian trails....this was my first time out and I was able to piece together two separate trails and join them with the equestrian trail to make a nice 4 mile + loop. At mile 2 there is a pavilion if you want to stop for a rest or lunch.

I'm wondering where the cave is if anyone knows email me youngman.chris1975@gmail.com

Nice for a short or long hike. Can be slippery where leaves are covering the trail. Love the varied slopes - a little up and down good for variety. Great for taking the dog!

I hiked the Dogwood Trail and loved it, there isn't anything to complain about! The only thing I want to know is how long the cave on that trail is, I haven't been inside it yet and I'm wondering how long it is. Thanks

Babler has some good trails. Sometimes the maintenance of the trails is wanting. My husband or I typically walk through at least two spider webs per hike, unless we are hiking in the winter. Can get pretty muddy and slippery after a rain and in the winter. Dogwood, Woodbine, or Hawthorn trails are all great. Some can be combined. Good for a quick hike that isn't too far away!