Chubb Trail

Chubb Trail is a 12 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eureka, MO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

it was fun and tough, did 9.4 miles! the path is easy to stick to most of the time. even went off the path and climbed a wall. lots to see out there!

A really nice trail for a day hike! If you're fairly athletic/experienced, this is not a difficult hike, but some of the terrain is a little choppy/rocky.

The trail is well marked -- it starts as a loop and then goes straight. Take one leg of the loop on the way out and a different one on the way back! The two routes are slightly different terrain, so it's worth it to mix things up.

There's an interesting mix of terrain. Most of the hike is through the woods, but eventually it opens into flat prairie land, and eventually slides up next to the Meramec as a nice riverside walk. At one point you'll be able to choose whether to walk on a wide area next to a flat grassy area or duck into the woods to walk along a creekbed -- take the creekbed! They're side by side, and it's much more interesting.

Bring bug spray, there are plenty of them to go around.

We saw a western rat snake hanging out just off to the side of the trail. Don't worry, not dangerous! :)

Great trail. For those with experience on mountainous trails it is a rather easy hike. I load up my pack with 30lb and use it for training to hike and climb in Colorado. Either way it is a fun trail and I would recommend it for everyone.

Did 7.5 miles today. Excellent trail. Well marked. Bring the bug spray!

Been going out to Chubb for years; it's a beautiful, albeit, technical trail with lots of rocks and roots (I've taken a lot of spills). Depending on the time of year, it always feels a little different. It's fun to take my dog out here and let her run around and sniff everything. It's a well-maintained trail, and you there are lots of options to hike for as short or as long as you would like.

One of my favorite trails in the St. Louis Area. I rode it on my horse about 20 years ago and hiked it today. It's very rocky and has a lot of exposed roots, so it can be hard on feet, be it human, horse, or dog. There's a fair amount of up and down but I'm a beginner hiker and was able to tackle it as long as I wasn't in a hurry. If you love looking at rocks you love this trail. The only down side I can think of is it can get boggy in some areas after a lot of rain, and the mosquito can drive you crazy.

nice getaway from the city, beautiful moss covered rocks and trees, wild flowers, hidden trails, definitely tennis shoe terrain. i did get chiggers, so make sure to spray yourself down!not too busy

Great for horses

My favorite of all the trails I run. Can connect to Castlewood Loop and Lone Elk Park trails from the back side. Great for running, hiking, and mountain biking.

Beautiful scenery! I'm new to hiking and I thought this trail kicked my butt! Lots of uphill and jagged rocks. Not many smooth walking surfaces. But it's a great workout and very rewarding!

Fun!

Great trail! Felt it was a little rough on my dogs feet. Lots of small sharp rocks. Otherwise, fantastic, well maintained.

Did this trail in the West Tyson Park area and turned around before getting to the train tracks. This is a great trail that has challenging uphill areas. It's easy to access the other trails in this area as well to customize you hike for as long or short as you would like. Trail is well maintained.

We did the 4 mile out and back (8 total) trail. Love the scenery but the mud was awful! Trudging through horse poop and mud wasn't super fun but we enjoyed the views and different terrain. Going for 12 next time!

great trail! 12 miles, gorgeous hike! for an active person this was fairly easy. love it! can't wait to do this again.

I took my dog for a run/hike on Tuesday, March 29, 2016. I haven't been there in a while and I almost never start on the Lone Elk side, so this was a new adventure. The weather was perfect (60 degrees or so) and it was very sunny. The trail was in near perfect conditions with very little mud. Cassie has never been on this end, so she was especially excited for the water features to walk in and get a cool drink. For those with dogs, the trail gets a little rocky along the river in one section and I could tell that Cassie was having difficulty navigating the path of least resistance on sharp rocks. Luckily, that didn't last long. We only ran out 3 miles as she hasn't been running much distance lately at age 7, so we turned around and headed back for a total of 6. It was interesting to see some of the flood waste, such as motor homes, etc in the bottoms. I guess that's the nature of the beast with flooding.
We love the Chubb. For those who wonder, the Lone Elk side is not technical at all if you are looking for the easier of the two ends to start your journey. The West Tyson side is highly technical, and I love it way more.