Bootlegger's Run

Bootlegger's Run is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Maryland Heights, MO that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lived here 20 years. Always walked at Creve Coeur Lake but had no idea there was such a great path in the woods! Just have to beware of bikers and runners if you are hiking.

Fun fast well maintained trail. Single track. Posts show which way you should go to either continue running or head back out. Wildlife can be seen which is fantastic. Can be crowded with walkers and bikers so be mindful.

Great trail that's well maintained.

This is a fast course that is easy to ride! One lane only so watch for oncoming traffic and hikers. It's really cool going under the people zip lining over the trail.

The trail was great, there were plenty of hikers out but they were all pleasant and allowed the bikers to pass. We saw a deer herd after going uphill and despite the endurance challenge of traveling up there, it was satisfying going down. This trail was adventurous and a therapeutic ride. So far we've rode this trail twice since the warm weather and will soon be riding it again. It was hard to find so we used google maps and searched the Go ape zip line and we were able to drive our bikes to this trail. On our first attempt without google, we rode the Katy trail from St. Charles then carried our bikes up the 30-100 flight of stairs to start the trail. I seriously advise using Google!!! Have a fun ride ;-)

Little slick as one would imagine due to the snow earlier in the week. Good marking throughout the trail. Much safer and surely faster when it drys out.

Great, shaded trail. I like that you can choose the length that you can walk/hike. A little dangerous when bikes come through since it's a single track trail, but great scenery and not too difficult!

A great trail run that can easily be shortened or lengthened. Not too challenging and very shady.

I just ran this today! It had rained all night and didn't stop until about a half hour before I got there. The trails were muddy but definitely doable. I do love a muddy trail! It is a great trail when you are looking to tie in some speed work. The elevation is minimal and all the hills are runnable. The trails are also pretty free from rocks and roots. I loved all the shade and I also saw quite a few deer....even a handsome young buck who didn't seem to mind me observing him snacking away not far from the trail. I bet this would be a fun starter trail for mountain biking.

Great trail for trail running and biking. Not anything scenic, no waterfalls, creeks or anything... But a great shady run. If you do both side loops, its about 5.5 miles.