Bangert Island Trail

Bangert Island Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St Charles, Missouri and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from April until October.

Several small loops each just over a mile including one with sand which is a bit tricky.

It was a really cute trail, a bit muddy but fun. It was definitely easy and short enough that next time I would bring the kids. You're also going to want to bring bug spray.

a fun quick trail, lots of sand in on the northern loop due to flooding. Will make it a bit more difficult for bikes.

A lot of mosquitos and very muddy

I love this trail because it's close and there are a couple different loops to increase difficulty. Main trail is easy enough to take my 7yr old son on, but still has a few hills and bunny hops

Trail was under water on 5/29/16

Great little area right off the Katy Trail! Little creek at the beginning is a fun place for kids to explore without getting into much mischief.

Enjoy riding the island but 2 out of 3 times we have, we encountered creepy people at the bench. I guess it's a good place for transients. Be cautious.

A walk through some people's back yards. I took my family on one of the warm 70 degree days we had in February, so I was a little disappointed.

Probably a nice feature for kids who live in the area, but I wouldn't drive to this one as a hiking destination.

I have used this trail several times. connects up to the Katy, just south of the casinos. Walked it about 4 years ago in Feb when the river was low and it was warm. Walked out into the middle of the river on a sandbar, which was neat in itself. Nice area to escape the suburban life while being close to home.

A mostly level trail that holds water well. A nice walk in the woods with river views and highway noise used often by bicyclists.