Percy Quin State Park Nature Trail

Percy Quin State Park Nature Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Summit, MS that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

I was disappointed at the up keep of the nature trail. After only a little over a mile the bridge was out and I had to turn back around. I anticipated at least four miles in before turning around. I posted pictures from the trail hopefully it will get some love and care.

Percy Quin has rapidly become my favorite place to hike! I usually start at the Golf Course parking lot and walk along the road to the northern trailhead, all the way around the lake and back to the golf course, which stretches the Nature Trail to a 10-mile hike. There is a ton of opportunity to see a huge variety of plants, animals, and animal sign. Percy Quin is an absolute gem!

The trail was in bad repair, but beautiful.

Just ok, trails need work to reach their old glory.

Needs work.

Our first hike. Very fun, however the grounds were very wet so there was a bunch of mud. Beautiful scenery and trees. We even saw 2 small snakes. Dam is out so trail is one way in one way out. We turned back early because we didn't have proper shoes on to go through ankle deep water. All in all, very fun. We will be back soon!!

We did this trail 11/15 and it was an okay trail except for one big thing: ALL OF THE BRIDGES ARE OUT. They are all in disrepair or just washed away. do not go with children or on a cold day. you will get wet. Also the road ways have been changed and cut off so don't plan on a drop off and pick up. other than that its cool, but very wet

We went hiking and camping here a few years ago. Enjoyed the hikes, the lake, and the campgrounds!