Clark Creek Primitive Trail

Clark Creek Primitive Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, Mississippi that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bring cash in one dollar bill increments. There is an honor system setup for entrance fees to the trails. $4.00 per vehicle +$1 per person for more than two people. Even though it is an honor system, it is enforced by local Wildlife and Fisheries. The main access trail to the Clark Creek Natural Area is a well maintained gravel path between 6 and 10 feet wide. There are stairs installed as alternate routes down and up the steep inclines with resting areas/benches at intervals. There are also stairs at several waterfalls.

The Clark Creek Natural Area primitive trail is a great workout with wonderful scenery! Bring 2 liters of water and some snacks, plan to spend 4-6 hours on the trail. The trail is fairly well-marked, only lost it in a couple of spots but quickly found it again. Our Scout Troop is hiking the loop regularly in preparation for Philmont, so we're adding markers in a couple of spots where it's hard to pick up the trail.

Our hike was approx. 8 miles round trip on my GPS.

There's a good PDF map you can print out here: http://packpaddle.com/where-to-go/hiking-backpacking/clark-creek-natural-area/

Great short trail. love to climb around in the creeks and falls.

awesome

The Clark Creek Primitive Trails were a good workout. Once I got on the primitive trail system I really enjoyed the hike. We hiked the entire loop (5 hours) and thoroughly enjoyed it. The system is quite a hike for those expecting a flat grade, it's not! It's more like a roller coaster with some challenging areas. I think the system could use a little clarification in trail directions at some points along the south side but having to rely on instinct was sort of fun. After all you're not in a forest 100s of miles out you're just a few miles from anything, not saying you can't get lost. We really enjoyed the hike, I think I'll use it for training for section hikes along the AT.
My biggest complaint, the primitive trails are not marked from the improved trails. Maybe a little more thought could go into promoting the entrances/exits.

Great hike, good to go on a week day if possible. Bring pretty of water and chaco's are a good idea

Great hike and very well marked. Not to many people on the primitive trail and very little trash. The hills provided a great workout with beautiful scenery. Loved it!

My happy place. I can't say anything anyone hasn't, just want to correct something - Clark Creek, including the primitive trail, is open every day, not just from March until October. I've hiked the primitive every month of the year. Now, if it has been raining, the primitive can be very, very treacherous, but the trail is open.

first time hiking took the primitive trail last weekend. it was awesome i enjoyed myself. if u can keep a basic since of direction you'll be fine. going back in 2 days excited.

Awesome the hike was beautiful an will do it again