Clark Creek Primitive Trail

Woodville, MS
Clark Creek Primitive Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, MS that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bring cash in one dollar bill increments. There is an honor system setup for entrance fees to the trails. $3.00 per vehicle +$1 per person for more than two people. Even though it is an honor system, it is enforced by local Wildlife and Fisheries. The main access trail to the Clark Creek Natural Area is a well maintained gravel path between 6 and 10 feet wide. There are stairs installed as alternate routes down and up the steep inclines with resting areas/benches at intervals. There are also stairs at several waterfalls.

Great hike with lots of difficult hills. However , the trail is not marked very well at all. They have also recently run a bulldozer through a section of the primitive side, I guess that will eventually make a new and improved path. It was a complete muddy mess! I ventured back and forth between the primitive and improved. I was there for the excercise so I didnt mind......(being lost most of the time).

the trail was a little confusing. We followed it to a waterfall but from there it was lost. we found our way back, but back to the begininng. we had a few ticks, so make sure you bug spray up - I had less than my fiance who didn't bug spray as much as I did. it was a good little trip, will eventually do it again once I get better at hiking.

First hike for me and the wife. Awesome time and place to do our first. Very tuff for us newbies but was worth it. Did about 90% of the primitive trail. We didn't get to the last 2 waterfalls. We were just too tired. There were a lot of other hikers that day so we did not see any wildlife at all. We will be back with the boys for another go.

Beautiful waterfalls!!! Its a great 5 mile hike...except we kinda went off trail and followed the stream, consequently we turned our 5 mile hike into a 7 mile hike. Would definitely do this one again! Bring bug spray as the mosquitoes and tics are prevalent.

Excellent hiking. Moderate difficulty with tons of uphill hiking and waterfalls. Best hiking around in the south.

Great trail! Unbelievable cliffs for being in south Mississippi!

It was amazing! So very beautiful! Nature at the finest!! Can't wait to go back!!!!

Was a beautiful trail.... Was definitely intense at times but the waterfalls were amazing.. Bring water shoes!

Great trail! We did 5 miles in 4.5 hours. Intense at times but highly recommend!

Pretty intense for an out of shape forty-something couple. A little crowded, but beautiful.

This was a fun trail. I went in early Feb. The weather was perfect. There are a few up and downs to climb. The scenery is very nice. We got there Sunday morning about 9:00AM. There were a few cars there. Only saw a few other people on the primitive trail. When we left around noon or so the parking lot was packed and cars were lined up along the road. I believe most people were just hanging around that first waterfall and in the creek. Will definitely go back.

This was my first time ever hiking and I loved it! I went with my brother and sister who had already hiked the trail before. We also took my daughter and niece who are 13 and 14 years old. We did 6.2 miles in 4 hours 52 minutes. We did add some time and mileage to our trip by hiking in and then back out of trails. It was a beautiful day in March not to hot and not to cold. There was quite a bit of steep up and downs along the primitive trail. I would recommend waterproof hiking boots after a hard rain, a walking pole and about 2 liters of drinking water. We hiked it pretty much non stop taking a 15 minute lunch break at one of the waterfalls. This was a good workout! We want to build up to hiking it twice in one day.