Clark Creek Primitive Trail

Woodville, Mississippi
Clark Creek Primitive Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, MS that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bring cash in one dollar bill increments. There is an honor system setup for entrance fees to the trails. $3.00 per vehicle +$1 per person for more than two people. Even though it is an honor system, it is enforced by local Wildlife and Fisheries. The main access trail to the Clark Creek Natural Area is a well maintained gravel path between 6 and 10 feet wide. There are stairs installed as alternate routes down and up the steep inclines with resting areas/benches at intervals. There are also stairs at several waterfalls.

Beautiful trail. Slightly overgrown right now, but easily navigable. Bring bug spray for ticks. Also, honor box payment amount is now $4 (this site has it listed, incorrectly, at $3). Bring lots of water and snacks. Lots of hills and elevation changes.

Planning to hike it tomorrow. Wondering if anyone knows where i can find a good map without paying $30 for pro version. Has anyone been up there since the rain and flooding earlier this week? Anyone hiked Tunica Hills or Cat Island in LA? Is either worth the trip?

Hiked the entire trail (I think). The map and trail were confusing but we hiked until we ended up back where we started. Enjoyed the day and plan to go back.

Literally my favorite place to hike. I've never had any problem with bugs and I've been countless times. Never go the same way twice! There so much to see when you explore. Ditch the dirt trails and hike in the water. I can't wait to go back!

Great hike with lots of difficult hills. However , the trail is not marked very well at all. They have also recently run a bulldozer through a section of the primitive side, I guess that will eventually make a new and improved path. It was a complete muddy mess! I ventured back and forth between the primitive and improved. I was there for the excercise so I didnt mind......(being lost most of the time).

the trail was a little confusing. We followed it to a waterfall but from there it was lost. we found our way back, but back to the begininng. we had a few ticks, so make sure you bug spray up - I had less than my fiance who didn't bug spray as much as I did. it was a good little trip, will eventually do it again once I get better at hiking.

First hike for me and the wife. Awesome time and place to do our first. Very tuff for us newbies but was worth it. Did about 90% of the primitive trail. We didn't get to the last 2 waterfalls. We were just too tired. There were a lot of other hikers that day so we did not see any wildlife at all. We will be back with the boys for another go.

Beautiful waterfalls!!! Its a great 5 mile hike...except we kinda went off trail and followed the stream, consequently we turned our 5 mile hike into a 7 mile hike. Would definitely do this one again! Bring bug spray as the mosquitoes and tics are prevalent.

Excellent hiking. Moderate difficulty with tons of uphill hiking and waterfalls. Best hiking around in the south.

Great trail! Unbelievable cliffs for being in south Mississippi!

It was amazing! So very beautiful! Nature at the finest!! Can't wait to go back!!!!

Was a beautiful trail.... Was definitely intense at times but the waterfalls were amazing.. Bring water shoes!

Great trail! We did 5 miles in 4.5 hours. Intense at times but highly recommend!