Clark Creek Improved Trail

Clark Creek Improved Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Woodville, MS that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy walk in and out, wide trails, well kept, easy access. Beautiful waterfalls! Gravel walking path 6-10 feet wide. Stairs for added on steep inclines. Stairs available at waterfalls for access to the bottom.

The Clark Creek Improved Trails are ok. It's a nice walk if you want to take your young kids out into a wooded setting. Some areas will require you to really watch out for very young children since there are no rails or fences to keep them from dangerous area such as steep drops. The "improved" trails are graveled, I don't like it when walking up a steep grade but I guess overall it's ok.
I would suggest that with some of the revenue the state receives from the fee they could better label the trail system altogether. For the most part you are following the crowd without knowledge of where you are walking to.
Restrooms are well kept and it's a highly traveled area so the safety factor is up there for folks not use to being outdoors.

Great Hike! This is one of the top trails in Mississippi. The trail is heavily used and can be challenging on some of the more primitive areas due to the erosive nature of the soils and tree root exposure from heavy foot traffic. The natural area is home to some very large hardwood tree species and three state record trees can be found here if you want to wander off the trail a bit.

SO MUCH fun!!! I can't wait to go back and do the primitive trail. For someone who is pretty new to hiking, it was a little rough at some points....but not enough to keep from doing it again!

Really great environment and friendly people! We will be back with our kids!

Easy walk with a few steep uphills

The improved trail is short and easy! I think if you go off the path to every waterfall it is closer to 4 miles but if you are just interested in a few, it really isn't that long. It is a wonderful hike really. We went on Labor Day and there were many people there but it didn't bother us a bit. If you are just going for a short hike to see some waterfalls, that's great! It's beautiful! The vegetation is dense and it's wonderful seeing the many native species of plants. We also saw many toads and skinks which was fun. If you are wanting to really push yourself and almost get lost in the woods, the full primitive loop is tough. From what we can tell, most people don't do it and that is completely understandable. But the improved is nice.

great trail just I wish there were more signs

It's a good enough hike. Humidity was atrocious. Ticks pretty bad, MUST use repellent! May be better in cooler weather. MUST be in decent shape!

Great trail with 6 easily accessible waterfalls. I would bring something to eat and plenty of water if you plan on hiking the whole thing. We made the mistake once of not bringing anything to eat and we were starving when we left.

I came here yesterday for the first time. I was a little how many people were there. Was expecting it to be close to none for some reason. But having people around actually worked out because we would ask walkers if they had seen this or that and led us to more sights.

First off, this place is beautiful. We walked 5 miles, on and off trail and we saw and experiences things I never thought we would. Beautiful waterfalls, lots of gorges, beautiful trees and flowers, huge boulders (you can jump on one too another) and cool streams of water. Me and my friends drove from Ponchatoula do be here. I'm not gonna lie, it can be tough. Bring extra shoes and socks or take your shoes off and walk in sand/water for some of the waterfalls. Wasn't bad thought. We just took out shoes off. Bring a hand towel and a regular towel incase you want to play in the water falls. We took pics under it. I would recommend bringing at least 3 bottles of water per person. No less. I would go back again but I wouldn't bring my young kids. Only if you want to see one water fall and back. Kids might get tired, as we were exhausted. Lots of up hill walking. Be prepared for that! Other than, I had a great experience where I was one with nature and was able to clear my mind in Gods country!

One of my favorite trails on the planet! Have hiked this trail many times at different times of the year and have never been disappointed . Hiking in the creek bed is best but not good for people with physical limitations . Wear shoes and clothes that can get wet. Bring an extra set of dry clothes.

Very nice trail. There are a few waterfalls to see.

Really nice trail, but people seem to not care about litterimg. I tend to bring a grocery bag, and pick up trash along my hike. Also, print out a map before you go. They tend to not have them stocked. Other than that, it is a really great place to spend the day.

Amazing! Beautiful waterfall. My dog loved it too.

Did this trail years ago. They had an outhouse in the parking lot. They were just then building the current modern bathroom facilities. Took many pictures but can't figure our how to upload any of them.

Went here for the first time and it was great! We followed the creek mostly. The waterfalls were pretty, be sure to go when there is water because the waterfalls are the main attraction. Very shaded along the creek as well. The dogs had a blast as well!! =)

This was the first real trail that we took the whole family on. It is really off the main highway so bring what you need. We got there at about 1 in the afternoon and the weather was great. My girls, 8 & 12, could not wait to get started. The trail was much hillier than we expected which made it much more arduous than we expected, but also more fun. Some of the waterfalls were mere trickles but other were very beautiful. We saw several other families on the trail so we were not totally isolated. In all, we loved it. My wife and I were very happy that the girls enjoyed it as much as they did and did not complain once. They can't wait to do it again. It looks like we have a new family activity and will have to invest in hiking shoes all around. Great trail if a little far out, worth the ride.

Beautiful