Bethel Mountain Bike Trail

Bethel Mountain Bike Trail is a 30 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Saucier, MS that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

Welcome to the Bethel Mountain Bike Trail. Ok, so we don't really have any mountains down here, but the moderate difficulty trail does have a few challenges. The 20+ miles of trails consist of multiple interlocking trails (Bethel, Couch, Briar Patch, Badlands, and Rattlesnake) that vary from clay to sand and from evergreen forests to pine savannas. Note: Hunters may be present during hunting season.

Awesome trails. I host an annual Ultra 50k and 50 mile on these trails. Next race will be April 22, 2017. We are always on the same weekend. Check out Ultra Sign Up for updated registration or come see us at Northshore Running Club on Facebook.

I have only been through half of this place so far on my new Surly fat bike and that's mostly on the northern trails. This place is pretty cool. I'm an athletic person who has let their cardio go down the pooper and my 4 and 6 mile rides haven't been to difficult. I e had to stop a few times after some climbs, but there certainly wasn't anything too difficult to manage by any means.
I came back with my brother who is in great shape, and he rode his bmx bike right behind me the whole way, so it's definitely possible to ride a small tired, rigid frame bike here.
It's worth noting that the northern trails are more open and sandy than the western side trail which has more trees, roots, and tighter turns. I found that more interesting personally, but to each his own. I'll be here a lot more often coming from Ocean Springs.

Guns everywhere. Great trails, but I'm not going riding in the same space 40 men are in the field with rifles and dogs. Next time I'll make sure it's not hunting season.

I did Briar Patch and Couch trails today. The weather was pretty good with overcast cloud but a bit humid. There were only a couple other riders to watch for coming in the opposite direction. It's best to have a flashing bike light when riders are coming in the opposite direction because the paths are only 2-3 ft wide with trees close together. It's kind of fun and competitive to dodge around the tree trunks and bushes. Be careful not to get caught from low broken tree trunks in the middle of the trails. They will know your feet off your pedals if you don't pay attention.

we did the south bethel trail today and it was great. my 8,11, and 12 year old did awesome, but it was a little rough for my 6 year old. we cant wait to go back and ride again.

Did the Badlands today to finish mapping out all of the Bethel trails on my GPS. The Badlands can be tough in the summer. It has steady uphills without shade. Couch trail is still my favorite.

I plan to upload the tracks.