Superior Hiking Trail: Bean and Bear Lakes

Superior Hiking Trail: Bean and Bear Lakes is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Silver Bay, MN and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible from April until October.

One of my favorite runs; stunning views with bluffs protecting the lakes. Rolling trees as far as the eye can see.

This trail was seriously beautiful, but my wife and I turned back after about four miles of muck in mid June. We came a couple of days post rain, and were sad to see that there were long, long spells of mud patches without stepping logs or stones. We made it through a bunch, and finally elected to turn back with our mud soaked shoes. Hope to come back and fulfill the full loop sometime soon!

Great hike on a beautiful day. Stunning overlooks of bean and bear lakes.

This is a great trail, I have hiked Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, Zion , etc. this is on that grand level, especially if you can hike it during fall colors, which is early October.

Beautiful hike! Moderate to difficult with lots of ups and downs. Incredible lunch spot up at the top!

I've backpacked and camped this part of the trail twice. both times it was in early spring and even without much leaf cover it was lovely. Challenging and dramatic in its views and terrain. You go from the top of mount trudy to valleys of beautiful trees then back up to cliffs overlooking the lakes. I recommend going south from Tetegouche state park to silver bay so you can do mount Trudy early on when you have the energy. Either a short backpacking trip or a long day trip, either way it's amazing.