Pike Island Loop

Pike Island Loop is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St Paul, Minnesota that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Wonderful trail!

I recommend hiking around Pike Island once you get below the visitor's center. I park off of Hwy 55 at the meters if I can't find a free spot. Then I walk down the shared paved trail that both bikers and walkers use. Loop around Pike Island and back to the car is about 16-18,000 steps and it takes about 2.5 hrs. Very nice wooded area in the city! If you have a dog keep them leashed because I saw a rattler snake recently and heard a second one. Besides it is the law.

If you do not have a state park permit, you must purchase one to park at this site.

Nothing better than a hike around the pike (island). A little busy but nice.

great..little busier than I prefer, but for being in the metro it is awesome...

it is a great park tons of trails loved it.

I love Fort Snelling! I ride my bike here every day in the summer and fall. It is so peaceful and I seem to find a new trail every time I go. This is my favorite place in the cities.

Dope