Louisville Swamp Trail

Louisville Swamp Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jordan, MN that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail. Bring your bug spray

It's a nice little Trail

Hiked this area this past weekend, Feb 2015. Really nice trail with lots of options to create a variety of trail lengths. It was somewhat cold in the high 20’s so the ground was solid. I have been here is the warmer months and there can be some muddy areas, but not so much in the winter. Flood’s Road is appropriately named as it is often impossible to cross just North of Jabs Farm. It was crossable this past weekend so that saved backtracking or an extended detour.

Definitely longer than the listed 2 miles - there are several paths as well that can add to your exploration.
The path itself is low difficulty, though in the wet season there could be places that are difficult to pass. As another reviewer mentioned, it is a swamp, and the bugs are probably pretty terrible through the warm months.

I made the trek in the mid-fall, and there was still some nice color in the leaves. The Jabs Farm and the Glacial Boulder were nice treats along the route that I wasn't expecting to find.

This area has multiple choices for length and direction. I believe I hiked close to 6 miles. Not sure why the description says 2 miles. Stopped at the old Jobes farm. Many posted informational signs regarding the history of the farm/family.... very interesting. You can hike down along the Minnesota river... this would probably have extended my hike by 2-3 miles. It was getting late and I didn't want to chance the time verses remaining sunlight. Will definitely go again. I went on the Jan. day when it was actually warm enought to hike in just a long sleeve shirt. It was a glorious hike/day.
I don't think this would be nearly as enjoyable on a hot summer day.... or anytime the mosquitos are out. There appears to be many swampy areas (hence the name). But I would encourage anyone to venture out to this lovely spot.