Saint Croix River Trail

Saint Croix River Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Taylors Falls, MN that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

It was a great hike, but I'm not sure I would define this as an "easy" hike. Maybe for those who hike on a daily basis. The terrain was relatively easy, but there was a LOT of up and down - so be prepared for that! I loved the trail though - went at dawn and aside from the mosquitoes (be sure to bring plenty of bug spray), it was incredibly beautiful and peaceful. My dog and I (on leash) had the trails to ourselves, and it was a beautiful morning - got lots of great pics!

gorgeous cliffs, trees, sandstone bluffs, waterfall, tree arch-lined walkways, amazingness.

the sandstone bluff trail has great views of the st Croix river. it also has a seasonal waterfall and some old railroad bridge piers.

Very scenic! Tyson, Kraig, and I kicked ass! Lexi, Zack, and jess couldn't keep up!

Really fun and beautiful. My friends and I had a great time.

geocaching

This was a great place with me and my girl friends. We were able to do the easy hikes as well as the more challenging ones to the bluffs. In total we did about 7 miles just exploring the trails. It took about an hour to drive from the cities and we spent 4 hours there. I suggest getting there around 10-11 on the weekends since it gets pretty busy around noon.

Lush and just plain beautiful! First time hiking in this park and I'll definitely go back as there is so much to see that it's impossible to take in all the beauty in one hike day.

One of my favorite quick trip day hike locations, not far from the Twin Cities on the St Croix. Lots of up and down hiking (or good trail running), some massive staircases, great views of the river, lots of photo spots, and of course all the amazing pothole formations in the north end of the park. If the short loop distance is discouraging, do the loop twice - one of the few places you can do that and not get bored the second time around!

The climbing is fun, but the trails are also long and amazing! Great view of the St. Croix River and awesome pot holes to climb around in!

I love most of this trail. I always start out at the ranger station close to the campsites so that I can hit the river bluffs first, then the potholes, then the street, then the loop. It makes the whole journey a loop that is diverse in scenery and trail surface. The only thing I don't like so much about the trail is the parts where you are literally on the highway. There is one section that involves crossing a really busy intersection and I've almost been beaned a couple times. The part I love the most though is the one mile loop at the end. It is so green woodsy and steep. It's gorgeous.

It was incredibly breath taking, and I wished the trail was a bit longer...but you could always create your own trails;) It is definately not a place to bring a small dog, unless your dog doesnt mind chilling in a backpack as mine did. It is fairly easy. Pretty hard to get lost. I had gone around early october and dress accordingly, because it is always windy. Remember to bring a camera! This is one place you will make frequent stops to take pictures!

This is a great park to hike around in. Beautiful scenery, nice trails, great staircases and rock ledges.

What else can you say when you are able to camp, hike, and see some of the most amazing pothole canyons in Wisconsin? This is a very beautiful park, full of excellent trails that you can hike, many along the St. Croix river. These trails allow you to become up close and personal with the abundant potholes that draws quite a following to the park. Also remember to look for the "Old Man of the Dalles" while you are there. He's not easy to find, but I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can meet him! The park borders Minnesota, and across the river you can visit Minnesota's Interstate State Park. Great opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, and also rock climbing along the river makes this a great place for outdoor adventurers. The small town of St. Croix Falls provides a Wal-Mart for any supplies you need along with some nice restaurants, including a Dairy Queen. Along with the excellent hiking trails, the park also hooks up with the well known Gandy Dancer Trail that can provide miles of walking, running, or biking.