Hay Creek Unit, R.J. Dorer Memorial Hardwood State Forest

Hay Creek Unit, R.J. Dorer Memorial Hardwood State Forest is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Red Wing, MN and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

rails trails

I love close to these trails so I come out here very often. Very little foot traffic, occasionally horse riders pass through. Beautiful place, in my opinion. Expect a lot of hills.

We go here a lot, so maybe it's not as scenic for us as it would be a stranger. We ride bikes at least once a week, we walk the dogs, and it's one of my favorite running trails. It's fairly level and easy for any level of rider. The 14 miles is not all in one go. About 8 miles of it is in Red Wing. Also, in the winter it is covered with snow and there are snowmobilers out there, as well.
It's a popular trail and there are often groups and families biking or walking on it any time the weather is nice. It's a pretty area bordered by state property as well as some farm land.